PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: New member from Essex

Darren
08-04-2016, 10:00 PM
Hi All,

I have been working in an engineering environment for 24 years, mainly in machining and build areas but I've recently started using 3D CAD and have designed a few products.
My new focus is on designing a 3 axis cnc router with a 4' square bed.
So my aim in joining this forum is to learn as much as i can and hopefully gain advice and knowledge from those that are on here.

Thanks in advance.

Darren

Clive S
09-04-2016, 09:25 AM
Welcome to the forum Darren I am sure you will find all the help you need here. As usual standard advise don't buy any kits of parts or hardware until you have your design done as it WILL change over time and the parts in the kits are never matched to each other.
Start a build log so that you can keep all the questions in one place. Good luck with the build or design.

mekanik
09-04-2016, 11:13 AM
Hi Darren
Welcome
As usual good advice from Clive, have a look through the build logs first as the information in them is priceless. there was a post last week about a machine that i think was designed by jazz and looks a cracker,
http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/9694-Hello-from-Slovenia-first-time-CNC-builder
I will be following your build with interest as it's the same size as i would build if i ever get round to it.
Enjoy the forum.
Regards
Mike

Darren
09-04-2016, 11:20 PM
Thanks guys, I have a few questions then once have some answers and have decided on a couple of things i will be ready to reveal my design.