PDA

View Full Version : from the states looking to move to the UK and find Cnc work

Lordvroux
19-04-2016, 04:56 PM
Hi guys. I'm new to the forums.

I've been in aerospace and surgical instruments for over a year. I operate wire edm and Cnc mills as well as setups. Currently teaching myself programming fundamentals.

Was hoping to get in contact with someone who's moved over there like I plan to or network with someone who might be able to get me a position.

I'm aware the process is long but it starts with locating a job to bring income in. I've wanted to move for a while now, and I know I want to build my career in machining. I'm a very dedicated individual.

Any advice or potential opportunities will be greatly appreciated

magicniner
20-04-2016, 10:34 AM
I'm stunned to hear anyone from the USA would want to move here, there are so many lovely places over there.
If I had the opportunity to advise my younger self I'd have strongly suggested a move to the USA, Australia or New Zealand.
What's the attraction?
- Nick

Lordvroux
20-04-2016, 10:56 AM
Well I'd like to move out of the US. This country is looking it's core values and the presidents have been a joke. The USA isn't for the people anymore and our pockets might have grown the deepest of all. It's sad to me really.

magicniner
20-04-2016, 02:34 PM
That looks, from my perspective, like a jump out of the frying pan into the fire ;-)

Sven
21-04-2016, 05:45 AM
You may want to look in to the opportunities in/around Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
There is a lot of high tech going on there (thanks to ASML), a lot of job openings, very often English is the main language in the bigger companies.