PDA

View Full Version : Some body know abaut Delta asda a2 servo and drive

carlosdvb
26-04-2016, 02:20 AM
Hello, i need help I can not get comunication between servo drive and BOB, I use Mach

thanks

dodgygeeza
26-04-2016, 07:25 PM
a bit of info on what you have done will help, like a wiring schematic or a link to what you have.
However to start with make sure you have wire between the servo driver and breakout board, without wire it will not work.

carlosdvb
26-04-2016, 11:12 PM
Thanks Sr for bring to me some help, I am in the process of build a router, I already finished the table, I use ballscrews and linear rails, I bought 4 DELTA asda a2 servos and drives 750 w, a PMDX126, for the gantry move 2 servomotors/2 ballscrews.

I read the asda manual to many times but I am lost, the CN1 are wiring like this pin 37 (Pull Hi-s) to pc+5V,pin 37 (/sign) to "2",pin 41 (/pulse) to "3" on Pmdx 126. I dont have E=stop or limits switches yet.

With the ASDA software , the motor can jogging using the usb cable from drive to pc, force enable state.

from drive to BOB to pc via parallel port to pc the motor no move and have some resisting to turn by finger, I measure the voltages on BOB Pc+5V, "2","3" , reading 5 volts, and 0 volts when jogging the right and left arrows ,Mach3 shows the position change, maybe is the wiring missing connections or the parameters on the drive ,

Thanks again for read this post

Carlosdvb

JAZZCNC
27-04-2016, 09:09 AM
You need to Enable the servo circuit. Quick look at the manual tells me you use pin 9 on the Digital inputs.
The way this is done is using relay that turns on all the the drives at same time using the Enable OUTPUT of PMDX. So when Mach3 is Enabled it takes control of the motors.

So Relay Coil is controlled via PMDX using Enable OUTPUT. Then Run the wire from VDD on drives thru the relay contacts and back to Pin9.

carlosdvb
28-04-2016, 02:26 AM
Thanks, i work this weekend on yours directions and i let know the outcome

carlosdvb
30-04-2016, 12:58 PM
I follow your instructions and i get movement from the servo motors I slave "A" motor to "X" axis, now the problem is the movement is to slow, on the asda a2 manual said "1280000 pulse/rev" but in mach3 said 2000 steps, which is a good number for that box in tunning window and get a good rapids.

JAZZCNC
30-04-2016, 06:06 PM
The steps Per setting is not something you can guess or what sets the Rapid speed. It's an exact number which ensures you move the correct distance for one unit of measurement derived from calculation of the Encoder Resolution divided by the distance traveled for Revolution.

So if your Encoders are 2500ppr and they are quadrature this number becomes 2500 x 4 =10,000ppr. And your using Ballscrews with 10mm pitch connected directly to the motors. Then the steps per setting would be 10,000 / 10 = 1000 Steps per.

However if your using a Ratio to connect screws to motor, which with servos you probably will be doing then calculation gets a little more involved. See the Mach manual and it will explain how to calculate this depending on your setup.