PDA

View Full Version : requesting purchase advice for BT30 tool holders order from aliexpress

Noplace
29-04-2016, 10:12 AM
Hi all, just need some advice please based your experience, I need to purchase around 20 tool holders with lowest cost, I asked some vendors and all around same price except one which claims the quality is better and from taiwan (all for balanced tool holders >= 20,000 RPM)

the price difference between the others and the better quality (claimed) is around 300-350 dollars.

so should I invest in that one or should I go with anyone? should I worry about balance or is it ok to purchase unbalanced?

I have the option to purchase:
-unbalanced
-balanced 12,000RPM
-balanced 20,000RPM or more

or should I ditch chinese and focus on western brands? let me know please

spindle 5.5kw top speed is 18,000 RPM,

Billythefish
31-08-2016, 12:53 PM
What did you end up buying? I bought some higher quality chinese which are okay. I also have some diebold which are more expensive but better. Balancing is done here after purchase. I would not trust chinese for that..

Chaz
31-08-2016, 01:15 PM
Also keen to understand as I may go with a BT30 spindle / ATC for Thor.

Billythefish
31-08-2016, 03:17 PM
for me bt30 or sk30 works ok. for bigger parts, slower speeds go to sk40...

magicniner
02-09-2016, 03:45 PM
for bigger parts, slower speeds go to sk40...

But with everyone going for HSM, adaptive/trochoidal tool paths and Chip Thinning speed seems like the way to go!

Billythefish
02-09-2016, 11:25 PM
No... Different operations require different sized tools, tool holders and cutting strategies. HSM is suitable for some operations and not others. Likewise your spindle specifications, power options etc will make different options available or possible or not...

The original poster simply asked where he could buy bt30 toolholders and the difference between them. There is a difference.

cheers!

magicniner
03-09-2016, 10:31 AM
No... Different operations require different sized tools, tool holders and cutting strategies. HSM is suitable for some operations and not others. Likewise your spindle specifications, power options etc will make different options available or possible or not...

The original poster simply asked where he could buy bt30 toolholders and the difference between them. There is a difference.

cheers!

As you seem so keen to swerve off topic on every thread you visit I thought I'd join you on this one ;-)