PDA

View Full Version : any one bought one of these £100 ethernet 200khz controllers

nobby
15-05-2016, 10:09 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262358877383?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

any good?
I just bought one...........

magicniner
15-05-2016, 10:20 PM
You'll have to let us know

Boyan Silyavski
15-05-2016, 10:29 PM
Why would you do that when you have the Pokeys57CNC for the same money? Made in Europe. I am trying it just now and for the moment works ok. Still had not the time to use all its functions.

What i see here is the typical Chinese board- no name, version or whatsoever. No help file of software.18462

nobby
15-05-2016, 10:41 PM
where do you buy the pokeys 57? is it ethernet

Boyan Silyavski
15-05-2016, 11:17 PM
It is USB and/or Ethernet. Depends how you choose to connect it. https://www.poscope.com/PoKeys57CNC

dodgygeeza
16-05-2016, 09:25 AM
Totally agree, when you buy a motion controller, you really need to consider the support that you get, and if you buy from China from a no name exporter with no knowledge of the product, you are pissing in the wind if you think you will get any kind of support.

JAZZCNC
16-05-2016, 08:40 PM
Why would you buy then ask.!!! . . . Makes no sense.:cower:

Boyan Silyavski
16-05-2016, 10:23 PM
Why would you buy then ask.!!! . . . Makes no sense.:cower:

Wow, i missed that. Thought he was asking for advice. :beaten:

lucan07
17-05-2016, 07:46 AM
Out of interest I decided to try one as found a £30 version, I wanted to use a tablet with full usb output and a powered hub to run a machine rather than using desktops. I can tell you that it did not work as claimed, it came with pirated software well documented in Mach3 forums hall of shame, and a plugin that corrupted a system. Needless to say it was returned for a full refund make sure if your buying this stuff you buy from fleebay and pay with paypal to enable easy return. Fact that they are packaging pirate/counterfeit software is enough to have fleebay force a refund and have the vendor pay for product return but you need to have paid with paypal to ensure your rights.

A_Camera
17-05-2016, 08:00 AM
Out of interest I decided to try one as found a £30 version, I wanted to use a tablet with full usb output and a powered hub to run a machine rather than using desktops. I can tell you that it did not work as claimed, it came with pirated software well documented in Mach3 forums hall of shame, and a plugin that corrupted a system. Needless to say it was returned for a full refund make sure if your buying this stuff you buy from fleebay and pay with paypal to enable easy return. Fact that they are packaging pirate/counterfeit software is enough to have fleebay force a refund and have the vendor pay for product return but you need to have paid with paypal to ensure your rights.

Are you sure we are talking about the same product? The one in the OP is priced around £100 all over on eBay. The ~£30 versions I have seen are NOT the same at all. Could you please post a link?

BTW, if a USB version is what you want, why not getting a UC100 or UC300? OK, those cost more than £30 but they work well and is really supported by Mach3.

lucan07
17-05-2016, 09:08 AM
Not the same item mixed with post on other forum, DDCM6V5.0 they come in 50, 100 and 200 KHz versions priced accordingly and produced by FASTERCNC CO, LTD. supplied with pirate Mach3 licence (which i never installed already have one) and in my case a Plugin .DLL driver file that contained more than it should, a trojan hidden inside the Plugin, as an IT professional I had to completely clear and reformat the standalone machine in case it is ever connected to any of my networks or other machines for any reason.

I am looking at the UC300 or the Pokeys57CNC leaning currently towards the Pokeys solution and connecting via Ethernet rather than USB but the ability to do both is preferred.

A_Camera
17-05-2016, 09:40 AM
It's good that you confirmed that it was not the same card as mentioned in the top post.

Anyway, I have the UC300 and I am very happy with that. It is made in Hungary and the support is very good. It was really almost a "plug-and-play" installation, very straight forward and simple. It works very well and I love the many options and external inputs/outputs it has. Very flexible and reliable.

Previously I bought another USB driver, which was supposed to support Mach3 as well, and there is a plugin for it on the Mach3 site, but it flipped out more than once (CNC axis run away uncontrolled when I started the vacuum cleaner or lit a florescent lamp in the same room) ruined more than one work piece before I brutally stopped the machine by a power off emergency stop, so I had to replace that. Even probing was useless, the code G31 did nothing and some crucial WB macros were also not supported, so basically that was a bad experience, cost me over 100 USD. I used the card on another computer as a sort of "CNC simulator" but after I updated my computers to Windows 10 I had to bin it since the driver is not Windows 10 compatible. The UC300 works well even with Win10 Pro. So, whatever you buy, make sure it supports not only Mach3, but also all the G-codes and WB macros and that it works under Win10.

nobby
05-06-2016, 09:45 PM
hello,
well the manual is available on-line.
they are good now, in as much as they don't include that little cd anymore, the trouble is - IT HAS THE EFFING .DLL FILE ON THE DISC...
they e-mail you the .dll file, as a rar file -
there are no instruction with the item
go here to get rar unzip
http://unziprar.com/

unzips the .dll

well, the plug in installs OK
groovy

when you click config plugings, then config, it appeasr that its a ddream - digital dream item/buffer 200