PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Total Newb to Engraving / CNC - from Oxford UK

CraftyPugs
03-06-2016, 11:58 PM
Hi All

I'm better known around here ( Oxford, UK ) as an accountant, although I much prefer to be writing my iPhone game, which takes me back to my youth :)

Bored with work so I'm cutting down the days I work and now sell Jewellery, gifts, wedding related items etc.

I'd like to engrave jewellery, wedding gifts etc, so keen to hear the best 'entry level' machine that you guys recommend.

No experience, but bags of energy to learn.

Cheers
Frank

Clive S
04-06-2016, 07:52 AM
Hi Frank or should we say CraftyPugs welcome to the forum.

Are you looking to build or buy? What sort of budget are you wanting to spend? What cutting area do you require?

Its a minefield out there with cheapo Chinese machines some of them want modifying out of the box in order for them to do anything.

Have a good read through some of the build logs on here to get an idea.

CraftyPugs
04-06-2016, 08:22 AM
Hi Clive
Thanks for the reply.

I want to buy a machine that ready to go. I don't mind a used one.

I don't have a fixed budget as I'm happy to spend to buy the right one. Having said that I'd like a reasonable price one.

Cutting area - I want to do jewellery and wedding gifts. Cufflinks, hip flasks

CraftyPugs
04-06-2016, 08:37 AM
Hi Clive
Thanks for the reply.

I want to buy a machine that ready to go. I don't mind a used one.

I don't have a fixed budget as I'm happy to spend to buy the right one. Having said that I'd like a reasonable price one.

Cutting area - I want to do jewellery and wedding gifts. Cufflinks, hip flasks, pens, bangles wedding favours, Cufflink boxes etc.

Not sure about round things like tankards or rings. Will depend on that extra costs.

Be great to know about the best starting machine for the above.

Thanks again
Frank