Flexible Stainless Steel pipe that holds its shape?

This is a discussion on Flexible Stainless Steel pipe that holds its shape? within the Marketplace Discussion forums.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lives in Blackpool, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Has been a member for 1-2 years. Has a total post count of 42. Received thanks 2 times, giving thanks to others 9 times.
    I bought this and cut a basic mdf dust skirt, and cable tied it to spindle, seems to work ok

PU Flexible Ducting Hose - Ventilation, Fume&Dust Extraction, Woodworking | eBay

Lives in Preston, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 1-2 years. Has a total post count of 449. Received thanks 15 times, giving thanks to others 13 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community.
    Thanks guys for the suggestions :) Wify I don't think that stuff holds its shape ? Like I said Ill go to B&Q and use the flexi lamp tube, if its thick enough or maybe atempt wrapping some wire round a tube as suggested.

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lives in Nottingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 13 Hours Ago Has been a member for 1-2 years. Has a total post count of 167. Received thanks 9 times, giving thanks to others 3 times.
    Does it have to be stainless steel, how about a bit of copper pipe 22 or 28mm with soldered bends or bent with a spring or pipe bender ? You can then use plastic clips to hold it in place.

Cheers,

Rob

Lives in WIGAN, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 03-06-2013 Has been a member for 1-2 years. Has a total post count of 359. Received thanks 12 times, giving thanks to others 13 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivetide View Post
    Thanks guys for the suggestions :) Wify I don't think that stuff holds its shape ? Like I said Ill go to B&Q and use the flexi lamp tube, if its thick enough or maybe atempt wrapping some wire round a tube as suggested.
    erm yes it does, i'm a gas meter fitter and use them daily and have loads of it, it's really stiff. if you wanted i could send you one minus the regulator it wouldnt be too much trouble

Lives in Stirling, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Has been a member for 3-4 years. Has a total post count of 635. Received thanks 34 times, giving thanks to others 5 times.
    You could try some Kopex flexible conduit. This wont hold its shape on its own but covering it in some heat shrink when its shaped should stiffen it up quite a bit.

Lives in Preston, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 1-2 years. Has a total post count of 449. Received thanks 15 times, giving thanks to others 13 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community.
    What I would like to do is adjust it on the fly .. that's why I like the idea of the goose-neck stuff, so I can manipulate it to get the maximum draw.

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12