First time build - Steel Frame CNC Router

Printable View

Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Definately, M12 are the ones to go for.

I was looking at your design just now and can see a potential problem for you mounting your ballscrew nuts on the longest axis (X or Y depending on what you call it!!). You've got them bolted from the back, how are you going to tighten them after adjusting them when fitting the ballscrews? You might also want to do the same for the gantry one as although you might be able to get to it from the top there will be a pulley in the way. I did exactly the same thing and had to change my ball nut housings so you can bolt from the outside, just a thought :wink:
  • 29-02-2016
    examorph
    Re: First time build - Steel Frame CNC Router
    Thanks guys, will get some adjustable feet sorted (>=M12) and also cut out some 50x50x10mm steel plate to weld to the frame legs for this. Will also make adjustments where I can to reduce the 5mm gap on the steel box section.

njhussey - Thanks for spotting that. The clearance behind the plate is 10mm, think I could get away with using hex heads and tightening them up with a spanner?
    Attachment 17769Attachment 17768
  • 02-03-2016
    examorph
    Re: First time build - Steel Frame CNC Router
    Been a nightmare finding a local supplier that does box section without a 7.5mtr minimum order charge, but got one eventually who can do me some off cuts at a 3mm wall for a good deal.

Will the 3mm wall thickness box section be OK for the bed support beams and horizontal supports shown below in green? Will it also be OK to weld?
    Attachment 17786
  • Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
    Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast