. .

Thread: Heresy?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yeahhhhhh, i'm not really sure it's exactly suitable for conversion, i was thinking it might be a good basis for an 'everything' machine.
    It comes with probe and although i have not a clue how to use it might be be possible to use it for reverse engineering some things.
    The current 'arm' with the probe would certainly be strong enough to mount a extruder on, maybe the rails etc could be increase in size or maybe just use the base as a table to build a gantry style router off?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
    Yeahhhhhh, i'm not really sure it's exactly suitable for conversion, i was thinking it might be a good basis for an 'everything' machine.
    It comes with probe and although i have not a clue how to use it might be be possible to use it for reverse engineering some things.
    The current 'arm' with the probe would certainly be strong enough to mount a extruder on, maybe the rails etc could be increase in size or maybe just use the base as a table to build a gantry style router off?
    Forgot trying to make a "everything" machine because it will be good at nothing.! . . . . This machine is worth £425 all day long just for the Cast Iron base which will be precision ground. A new Gantry could be grafted onto it very easily if the exisiting one isn't suitable.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information