. .
Page 61 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Don't mess about with thermistors and shit just put a D type MCB and you'll be sorted.
    Cheers Dean.....D type MCB ordered....
    Neil...

Build log...here

Anything further to report Neil ? You were so close . . .
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

I'm back on it next week, other projects took precidence and one of us (only 3 in the office) was off for 6 weeks which meant extra workload. We've so many projects that need doing that it's a case of doing one at a time, We outsourced the plastic bearings that I was building the router up for so the rush is off but ill be back on the wiring next week!!!
    Neil...

Build log...here

OK so back on it today briefly (before having to go on the Lathe all afternoon re-necking pins for a customer order...) and ordered some more bits from Chalon so I can re-do the fuses from the transformer to the drives. otherwise I've just cleared the decks a bit whee other crap had been put on top of the control cabinet.

Once the bits arrive (more ferrules etc) I'll be continuing the wiring with a vengeance and then re-looking at the safety circuits so I can get the machine up and moving ASAP expect lots of daft questions on control philosophy again......
    Neil...

Build log...here

Well bits came the other day so swapped out the MCB'S for fuses on the PSU to driver +ve leads as well as the 240V supply to the X axis driver.

Should I put a D type MCB in the 240V power feed before it goes through the door interlock (1st item the power goes through)???

Neil...

Build log...here

A bit of wiring this afternoon...

I've taken one end of the screen back to the star point by soldering an earth wire to the screen and taking that back via the signal side of the cabinet.

Neil...

Build log...here

A bit more wiring.....

I moved the -ve terminals from on the PSU to the din rail, neater and shorter wires...

Wired up the Z stepper...

Put a cable tie holder just to stop the cable from pulling for the time being until there is a cover on the Z axis and a cable gland in the cover...

Unpacked the new PC for the router...

Started it up....just need to load Mach3 on and do some configuring, wire X & Y steppers up and then we'll see what happens...

Neil...

Build log...here

Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    A bit of wiring this afternoon...
    Beautiful work.

How about making some of these;-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nema_23_Motor end cover.JPG 
Views:	1258 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	15670  

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Beautiful work.
    Cheers Clive!!

How about making some of these;-
    If I had a 3D printer I would.....now if there was someone out there who could make those then I'm sure I'd be in the market for 3 of them (plus a Nema34 one...).....
    Neil...

Build log...here

Looking good now Neil !

I'm no expert here but on my control layout I earthed the stepper driver end of my shielded cables, with the shield running all the way out to the motor without interuption. It looks like you have earthed the 'middle' of the cable if you intend to connect another cable from the terminal blocks out to the motor?

The photos are close in so I might have mis-understood. But you might be better turning the stepper cables around so the earth connection is done on the driver end, and the shields are joined to each other at the terminal block. Or better still might be to complete the run from stepper driver to stepper motor in one complete un-interupted cable, and earth the shield at the driver end.

Someone may jump in with the science on this one, and I could easily be wrong (!) but that was how I interpreted the earth shielding requirements.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Page 61 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread Information