. .
Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Great stuff Eddy, well done, now youcan start to think about cutting something intricate!!! G.

Thanks, for a start I'll need to get some small ball nose cutters, it's something I've never needed to use in the past.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 04-04-2014 at 02:34 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

3. Looking wonderful and very professional. Very well done. One question though (ducking behind the wall) where's the lube blocks???

Just being cheeky as you have done a very very good job and I am in the process of getting my control box anywhere near the well laid out set up you have done. -Michael
    Software SolidWorks 2024, Onshape, Aspire v9.5, Blender
    CNC Machine: http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/3661-...Second-machine
    3D printers both FDM/FFD and MSLA resin
    CSWA &CSWA-AM certified
    www.marino-customs.com

Eddy i am not professional but i want to say that your job looks grate. I don’t know if there are mistakes but for sure there is much good mood. One more time congratulations for your job. I manage that soon i will start mine cnc router.....

Quote Originally Posted by m.marino View Post
    Looking wonderful and very professional. Very well done. One question though (ducking behind the wall) where's the lube blocks???

Just being cheeky as you have done a very very good job and I am in the process of getting my control box anywhere near the well laid out set up you have done. -Michael
    Michael, thanks for the positive comments but sorry I can't figure out what you mean by "lube blocks", please elaborate.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Quote Originally Posted by ba99297 View Post
    Eddy i am not professional but i want to say that your job looks grate. I don’t know if there are mistakes but for sure there is much good mood. One more time congratulations for your job. I manage that soon i will start mine cnc router.....
    Vagelis, thank you for your thoughts it's much appreciated, I will keep watching your build log.

I still have the bed to finish but I've ordered a sheet of 18mm birch plywood today and I will be bolting one half to the steel frame, give it a skim with the router to get it flat, then screw the other half on top and give it a final small skim. As I intend cutting wood that will be fine but if aluminium needs cut I'll have to mount it in a shallow pan to catch the cutting fluid.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 04-04-2014 at 04:30 PM.

7. Eddy,

Lube points for bearing surfaces. When they are brought to a common point for charging it is called a lube block as it is either a single pump point with a multiport outlet or it is a bunch of singles that are bolted together to make a block that is mounted to the machine. I hope that makes sense used to install them all the time on machines to be able to lube a area within the machine without having to tear part of it apart. -Michael
    CSWA &CSWA-AM certified
    www.marino-customs.com

Ah I see now, I'm using grease not oil so it's a manual operation with a grease gun. I think I would refer to the 'lube block' as a 'manifold'

9. Correct same thing. Though they can be used for both grease or oil depending on how they are set up. Most of the ones we did where grease under low pressure so that the line would do a slow feed which helped keep clean grease where you needed it. -Michael
    Last edited by m.marino; 04-04-2014 at 10:23 PM.
    CSWA &CSWA-AM certified
    www.marino-customs.com

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    I also tried other versions of the SmoothStepper plugin without success.

So the combination that works for me is Mach3 version 3.043.66 or version 3.043.62 and the SmoothStepper plugin version 10h2d1a.

It's interesting that if you read the Warp9 forum they talk about a version of the plugin that has a homing dialogue page that let's you specify homing parameters similar to the offsets in Mach3 but that version of the plugin failed to work for me. The version that works, 10h2d1a, does not have a homing dialogue page so everything is done from inside Mach3.
    Thanks for the info Ed. Sounds like you tested your E-stop circuit a few times during the process!

I think i'll definately try that combo on my setup first. Hopefully it will work even though i'm using 2 homing switches on the X-axis. I'll let you know how I get on.

Si.

Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread Information