. .
Page 43 of 82 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Not sure if this will work but I've just created a 3D PDF of the router which I'll try to attach...I know I've not done the 50x25 cross members yet...or put things like steppers, ballscrews etc but it's just the basic frame and gantry.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CNC_ROUTER.pdf 
Views:	275 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	14494
    Last edited by njhussey; 23-01-2015 at 01:44 PM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Lives in Barrow in Furness, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 16 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 786. Received thanks 96 times, giving thanks to others 176 times.
    Opens OK in Foxit Reader
    Mike

Well it worked for me. I didn't know PDF's could do that, I must investigate more. The rendering is as good as you get in something like SolidWorks. The design is looking good and really coming on a pace now.

Quote Originally Posted by mekanik View Post
    Opens OK in Foxit Reader
    Mike
    Cheers Mike...

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblycogs View Post
    Well it worked for me. I didn't know PDF's could do that, I must investigate more. The rendering is as good as you get in something like SolidWorks.
    I've not played with the clours and rendering yet, will do if I get time. We've bought an add on that means you can make animations, can't wait to install that and have a play with it (bought it to do work animations for our new web site that we're currently designing)

] The design is looking good and really coming on a pace now.
    Again cheers, just doing the dimensioned drawings for the pieces now so I can start the machining...looking forward to that!
    Last edited by njhussey; 23-01-2015 at 02:47 PM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Set up a straight edge parallel to the master rail 300mm away and put a DTI on a carriage and moved it up and down the rail. There's about 0.25mm of twist/dip mostly near the rear of the machine.

Only conclusion I can accurately draw however is that my DTI is too cheap as it moves all over the place i.e. doesn't return to zero after going up and down a few times...need a better quality DTI....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1422289716566.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	250.1 KB 
ID:	14513   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1422289743064.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	287.5 KB 
ID:	14514  
    Neil...

Build log...here

Did a bit of drawing as well today...

Neil...

Build log...here

Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    Set up a straight edge parallel to the master rail 300mm away and put a DTI on a carriage and moved it up and down the rail. There's about 0.25mm of twist/dip mostly near the rear of the machine.
    Any thoughts on what might have caused this? I'm still experimenting with my machine and epoxy but it's been too cold in my garage lately to pour any more. Took the old epoxy off this afternoon and shall shortly be trying a slightly different technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    Any thoughts on what might have caused this? I'm still experimenting with my machine and epoxy but it's been too cold in my garage lately to pour any more. Took the old epoxy off this afternoon and shall shortly be trying a slightly different technique.
    I'm going to check the rail for bow/dip tomorrow with the straight edge to see if it's that. If it is then ill shim the rail where it's twisted if I can.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Looking at the rail today I put the straight edge on the rail and tried the feeler. There's a dip at both ends (last 6 inch) of the rail so ill have to shim that before carrying on much further :(

Not done much else on the machining as been making a tapping arm today...

Neil...

Build log...here

Needed some 20mm aluminium for a clamp for the pantograph arm I'm making at work so put the big plate I've got on a table and used the Evolution circular saw to cut the plate to size for the bed. The 100mm strip cut off will be used for blocks for mounting the ballscrew mounts on etc...

Last edited by njhussey; 03-02-2015 at 07:15 PM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

11. The Following User Says Thank You to njhussey For This Useful Post:

Page 43 of 82 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread Information