. .
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    I took a look at all of the above and no luck so I have just taken a new switch and wired it straight in to the csmio and it would appear by just testing it by hand it cure the problem which would suggest that perhapsthe switch or the csmio doesn't like the long cables !

long cables generally add capacitance and that will affect the signal, you can get low capacitance screened cable if you do a search.
    As an experiment use some single core unscreened cable and temporarily wire the switch back to the input using that.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 30-10-2014 at 02:59 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Quote Originally Posted by charlieuk View Post
    I took a look at all of the above and no luck so I have just taken a new switch and wired it straight in to the csmio and it would appear by just testing it by hand it cure the problem which would suggest that perhapsthe switch or the csmio doesn't like the long cables !
    It won't be the Csmio Charlie it will be a dodgy switch for sure. The Csmio are by far the best controller I've ever seen at handling noise, even my high frequency Tig welder doesn't bother them, no other Card I've used could handle this amount of noise.!

To test I've just connected one of those cheap prox switches to a 100mtr drum of cable which I put next to my VFD running at full speed and worked fine so i'd be changing the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    To test I've just connected one of those cheap prox switches to a 100mtr drum of cable which I put next to my VFD running at full speed and worked fine so i'd be changing the switch.
    What kind of cable ?
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Yea my guess is the Chinese switches too! Can you recommend any good ones? I looked on rs components but couldn't tell the difference they were between £20-50 each though! Would love to get some to try before the weekend though as tony is coming back down from Leicester to help tinker with it on sat. In the mean time I will swap the x limit swich and see if it's any better but I have a feeling they all need to be swapped to better ones

I have just switched the x limit switch over to a new one and no difference so thinks it's going to need them all the way around. At least I will have some for a little machine I would like to do some time.

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    What kind of cable ?
    3 core CY same stuff I fit on machines and same stuff Charlie got on his machine I presume seen as I told where to buy it.?

Yes it was from the link you sent. The only thing was that Tony used the pice of 12core I got to run accessories on to do all the switches so he used common + and - and then separate signals for each of the 6 switches. Should they all have there own separate screen cable which I do still have a roll of.?

Dean - Just a thought, I don't know much about the CSMIO, but do you remember the issue we had with proximity switches and the PMDX? The BOB accepted both NPN and PNP switch inputs but was not auto detecting the correct type. We fixed it by adding resistors between the input terminals on the BOB. I doubt it's a similar problem, but just thought i'd throw that suggestion out there incase Charlie is using similar switches.

Quote Originally Posted by firetrappe View Post
    Dean - Just a thought, I don't know much about the CSMIO, but do you remember the issue we had with proximity switches and the PMDX?
    You having a laugh Si how could I forget that . . . . . . Cost me a nights sleep away from home and the remaining few strands of hair I had left. . Lol

Csmio inputs don't work like the PMDX and doesn't need to detect switch type as your free to use any logic at any voltage upto 30vdc. Your problem was with the PMDX rather than the switch and how it handles PNP logic.

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread Information