. .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	154.5 KB 
ID:	17029Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	212.5 KB 
ID:	17030
    These are the drivers which are being used on the motors. They are set for 3.3 a

Quote Originally Posted by Davo242 View Post
    The steps per setting I have used is what was outlined in the illustrations provided with both the motors and drivers. The micro steps are set at 1/8. On my drivers this corresponds to off on off.
    Ok well 320 is ok but it should be worked out accourding taking linear pitch into account. With 1600ms then 320 would mean 5mm pitch. If your not using 5mm pitch and just bench testing then try 160 in steps per which would be like 10mm pitch and it's less work for the Parallel port to reach the same velocity.

This won't be your problem but it's a good starting point.

To help the parallel port you could also turn the micro stepping down on the drives to 1/4 (800ms) and set the Steps per 80.
    Some times due to resonance you have to play with the MS to find best setting to match your motors. The quality of the drives plays a big part here and also how ridged the machine is. Hence why often Steppers don't work well on the bench.!!

EDIT: Ok well after seeing the drives then I'm not one bit surprised. Sorry to say this but they are Cheap nasty units which won't have much if any resonance handling capabiltys so it's no surprise motors are complaining.! They also often have slow electronics so it could be a timng issue.

One thing I've seen work before with these cheap drives is to toggle the Step low Active setting. (it's technical so won't get into why, just try it)
    Also playing with Step Pulse Dir Pulse may be needed because the Opto's could be Slow so the Step pulse needs widening.
    First try setting the Step pulse to 5 and Dir pulse to 0 and see what happens then if no change then toggle the Step Low Active.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 02-01-2016 at 12:25 AM.

ok i attached the motors to the cnc and still no change. i aslo have change the ms to 1/4 and 80. still nothing.
    where can i find the step low active setting.

ok i attached the motors to the cnc and still no change. i aslo have change the ms to 1/4 and 80. still nothing.
    Here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image3.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	17052

ok i will try that. just wondering one thing i only have the demo mode on at the min would that be a cause of anything?

ok i will try that. just wondering one thing i only have the demo mode on at the min would that be a cause of anything?
    Only if your trying to run g-code more than 500 lines of code and it wouldn't cause stalled motors it would just stop moving.

As a matter of interest what Voltage is your power supply to the drives?
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    As a matter of interest what Voltage is your power supply to the drives?
    I was just about to ask the same. Is the Voltage at the right level and 'clean'?

That said, it does feel like a Mach 3 config issue, look at the end of the vid, the DRO numbers look to pause and then unpause ...

its getting 24.4v

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    its getting 24.4v
    Is that what the drives need? Sounds low to me but could be correct, not looked at any specs etc

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information