. .
    Hello,

I'm looking to acquire a CNC router/mill.

I would like to use it for wood and aluminium and have the minimum work dimensions of 400x300x100 X/Y/Z .

I am after a precise machine, so no wood routers please. But other than that, fairly open.

£1600 max. (tiny leeway) (no software needed, but if that is the case the boards would need to be compatible with LinuxCNC).

I am based in the Scottish Borders.

I think that is everything

Quote Originally Posted by Maurizio View Post
    I am after a precise machine, so no wood routers please. But other than that, fairly open.
    Why would you think a wood router isn't precise.? Don't confuse precision with rigidity, some of my routers will knock the spots off some mills for precision but not rigidity, and with only £1600 you are not going to buy anything very strong or precise, not that is working anyway.!
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Why would you think a wood router isn't precise.? Don't confuse precision with rigidity, some of my routers will knock the spots off some mills for precision but not rigidity, and with only £1600 you are not going to buy anything very strong or precise, not that is working anyway.!
    Ah, I was under the impression spindles had less run-out than a wood router. Is that wrong overall or are certain models recommended?

Strong/precise are relative - I should have included my use case. I was trying to avoid a sheet based machine e.g. ooznest as they don't seem suitable for machining the smaller aluminium parts I would like to. I'll update as soon as I've confirmed what tolerances I am after then. Thank you for the heads up!

Thread Information