. .
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 22 Minutes Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    Not related to interference but for safety - I was just looking at the 4th photo in post#1 ('dsc_0004.jpg') and noticed that the blue and brown cables going to the toroidal power supply appeared to be connected to incoming cables using male/female spade connectors. There looked like there was exposed metal on at least on of them.
    As they say, eyes like a sh#thouse rat. well spotted
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    As they say, eyes like a sh#thouse rat. well spotted
    I think the connectors are not fully pushed together. There are other mains connectors fully exposed though, like on the SMPS's for 12v and 5v.

So I unwired everything in the control box. Rewired separating power lines from control lines, and reducing enormously the amount of cables in there by chaining +5V and enable between the BOB and drivers. I now use 2 core shielded cable for the PUL/DIR signals. That made the wiring a heck more simple. Limits are not yet wired, homes neither, and the 24V PSU is not powered. Guess what ? Works like a charm !

So now I'm going to move forward step by step, making sure that each increment does not cause noise to appear.

Things look muuuuuuch neater now :) I'll keep you posted. As for the ferrites, I'll order some of them just as a safety.
    Last edited by eurikain; 14-03-2016 at 11:25 PM.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 22 Minutes Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Ok sounds good don't forget the pics
    ..Clive

Quote Originally Posted by eurikain View Post
    and reducing enormously the amount of cables in there by chaining +5V and enable between the BOB and drivers.
    Expalin or show this please because if what sounds like this is not good.?

Hi Jazz,

I hope he means that the enable (-) are being daisy chained from the enable terminal on the BoB and that separately he is daisychaining +5v on the BoB to step(+) dir(+) and enable(+) on each driver (chained on to the next driver and the next and the next). It'll work (Hmmmm ?) but I don't think I would do exactly that.

Cheers

Rob

Rob is right. No worries, I meant "daisy chained". They each get 5V and the correct amount of amps. Same thing with the enable.

Bad news, I introduced noise again, then rolled back to the state I was in when I posted my first message, and now the noise is not going away. Same thing, though much better than it used it be: in the first second of the spindle starting to turn, as well as the last second before it stops, the steppers move a few steps.

I'll order a CSLab 4 axis motion controller today. Can anyone explain the following to me:
    - Zapp Automation sells it for 335 Euros (shipping included) => 0 in stock, have to wait 7-10 more days
    - CSLab sells it for 311 Euros (shipping included)

So, obviously I'd go for CSLab official's website.. or does anyone have a spare one to sell ?

Bad news, I introduced noise again, then rolled back to the state I was in when I posted my first message, and now the noise is not going away.
    You obviously have not rolled back fully. The questions are :-
    1. Is the noise coming from your VFD - which it very much seems to be.
    2. Is the propagation back along the mains cable or through the air

The probability is a bit of both. Filters and shielding before spending money on a motion controller.
    Last edited by cropwell; 15-03-2016 at 09:52 AM.

I have, really, there's only the drivers, 5V and 70V PSU wired. The VFD is powered completely separately from the control cabinet. It's a different wall socket. Yes, it could be the mains. I need to call my local electronics store for help, I'm really lost now ^^. Can't deal with this myself.

I have, really, there's only the drivers, 5V and 70V PSU wired. The VFD is powered completely separately from the control cabinet. It's a different wall socket. Yes, it could be the mains. I need to call my local electronics store for help, I'm really lost now ^^. Can't deal with this myself.
    Does your building have an earth supplied by the electric company or do you use earth rods in the ground. Are you still using the plastic control box? Pictures would help.

When you say the motors move a few steps when you turn on the vfd are they enabled and the motors locked when this happens?
    Last edited by Clive S; 15-03-2016 at 11:18 AM.
    ..Clive

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information