. .
Page 49 of 66 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    That looks about right.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Neale For This Useful Post:

3. Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    That looks about right.
    Splendid! Thanks for your help. I'm going to try and find time to draw it out once more as a complete circuit to be sure before I start...

4. Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    That looks about right.
    Here goes, I think this is my finalised estop and fault circuit:

5. Limit switch circuit:
    Home proximity switch circuit:

Quote Originally Posted by JoeHarris View Post
    Limit switch circuit:
    Home proximity switch circuit:
    Can i ask a question about limit switches / estop wiring here since it is kind of on topic? Dont want to hijack this topic.

When hitting estop/limit switches, can 68volts be shutoff.. or should/can the enable contact on the drives be used?

BTW Joe the hand drawn schematics look very good.

Grtz Bert.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A320FL met Tapatalk

Joe - that looks fine, except that you don't need to use three inputs on the CSMIO for the limit switches. They can all go into one input, and in the Mach3 configuration screen you point all the max and min limits for all axes at that pin. You are using home switches separate from the limit switches. No problem with that, and the wiring looks OK. I'm assuming that you have NPN NC switches. By using separate inputs for the home switches you give yourself the possibility to home more than one axis at a time. Typically, you might configure Mach3 to home Z (to get it high up out of the way) and then home X and Y simultaneously - saves a little bit of time during the homing sequence.

Bert - some people consider hitting a limit switch to be an "emergency" so you could wire them in series with the e-stop switches. Personally, I have the e-stop switches trip the safety relay which turns off the 68V PSU, and also disables the drivers via the "enable" inputs and sends a signal to the CSMIO e-stop connection. My limit switches (like Joe's diagram) just go the CSMIO. Part of the reason for this is that I use a single switch for limit and home at one end of each axis, and I don't want a home switch to operate as an e-stop!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neale For This Useful Post:

9. Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    Joe - that looks fine, except that you don't need to use three inputs on the CSMIO for the limit switches. They can all go into one input, and in the Mach3 configuration screen you point all the max and min limits for all axes at that pin. You are using home switches separate from the limit switches. No problem with that, and the wiring looks OK. I'm assuming that you have NPN NC switches. By using separate inputs for the home switches you give yourself the possibility to home more than one axis at a time. Typically, you might configure Mach3 to home Z (to get it high up out of the way) and then home X and Y simultaneously - saves a little bit of time during the homing sequence.

Bert - some people consider hitting a limit switch to be an "emergency" so you could wire them in series with the e-stop switches. Personally, I have the e-stop switches trip the safety relay which turns off the 68V PSU, and also disables the drivers via the "enable" inputs and sends a signal to the CSMIO e-stop connection. My limit switches (like Joe's diagram) just go the CSMIO. Part of the reason for this is that I use a single switch for limit and home at one end of each axis, and I don't want a home switch to operate as an e-stop!
    Thanks, I thought that might be the case with regards to the limit inputs. The reason I have separate limits and homing is I wanted the repeatability and accuracy you can get with prox switches but the physical break you get with a traditional limit switch. Yes NPN NC.
    Last edited by JoeHarris; 28-10-2017 at 12:42 AM.

Is that not a dead short between 24v+ and 0v in the "on" switch?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	73e80d5aca677563e46eccbe7b9830a4.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	23111
    Last edited by Web Goblin; 27-10-2017 at 07:59 PM.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Web Goblin View Post
    Is that not a dead short between 24v+ and 0v in the "on" switch?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	73e80d5aca677563e46eccbe7b9830a4.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	23111
    I'm not sure if I've got this right as drawn tbh I'll check it because it works fine in practice.

I think you will find the switch is more like this :-

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	switch & LED indicator.jpg 
Views:	532 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	23112

John

Page 49 of 66 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread Information