. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    So you weren't offering to make it to prove that it can be done for that price?
    Nope not at all I was offering has a gesture to someone I consider a friend and would probably do the same for me if reversed.?? . . . .Actually knowing that Old bastard he probably wouldn't but hey oh it's what I do and offer that counts to me.!

I have neither claimed that it pushes any boundaries, or intend to make that claim.
    That's ok then.!! . . Has we have been playing nice lately and I wouldn't want to break the peace beating your pride and Joy up .. Lol

Obviously. The point I was making is that for someone who has got sufficient free time, they can make a machine worth owning within a £2k budget.
    It's more than Free time Thou isn't it.? There's the machinery and the experience to factor into the equation and not every one as these to fall upon.
    But I agree it's very do-able and should seriously considered if they have the skills and tools, every thing they need to know is here.!!

I didn't charge anywhere near that, but those were special circumstances so your point is valid.
    Yep I know you didn't and wasn't for one minute suggesting you did. I also know and appreciate just how much time and thought went into that machine and putting a price on that would be hard and expensive.!

I guess its all to do will managing expectations, like I keep telling my Dad .. you get what you pay for, however .. I did strike lucky with my Blackcat as it was cheap and does everything I have ever asked of it, downside is the controller software which is shit.. besides that I'm still happy :)

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetide View Post
    I guess its all to do will managing expectations, like I keep telling my Dad .. you get what you pay for, however .. I did strike lucky with my Blackcat as it was cheap and does everything I have ever asked of it, downside is the controller software which is shit.. besides that I'm still happy :)
    I think Blackcat CNC machines are sourced from Redsail in China (rebadged?)...so your thoughts/experience augment what I was saying about Redsail turning out machines that are somewhat better than the typical Chinese stuff that abound.

Searching for Redsail, it looks like their website seems to have gone backwards unless I'm looking in the wrong place ?

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    Searching for Redsail, it looks like their website seems to have gone backwards unless I'm looking in the wrong place ?
    not sure what you mean by backwards, but this is their website...

Cheap Desktop CNC routers milling machine manufacturers from Redsail

they don't do themselves a lot of favours on product information/photos etc (they clearly haven't sussed what 'specification junkies' most CNC buyers are!), but i can say they are very responsive to emails, provide good support...and that their RS-3020 moving table product is exceptionally well made....

(the above is rs-3020 version that I have, which seems to have much longer stepper motors than their model showing on alibaba....

2013 new design desktop cnc router machine RS-3020 for aluminum, View desktop cnc router machine, Redsail Product Details from Jinan Redsail Tech Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com

Since the thread title is about a 6040 machine, here's their associated product...

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/96...r_milling.html

They don't show it in their literature, but the control box innards are a step apart from the usual Chinese control boxes...

well loomed, 3 x m542 type stepper drivers (moons sr4's I think - http://www.moonsindustries.com/Produ...t_E/SR4_drive/ ) *not* a nasty yoocnc all in one driver board etc.
    Last edited by HankMcSpank; 27-11-2013 at 12:15 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information