. .
    Ive just noticed that i can no longer see who is online at the bottom of the page.... Im gutted, how will i know who to wind up in real time now

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

2. Its there for me... you sure you're scrolling down far enough?

If I recall correctly Lee said to me yesterday he removed it to make the page shorter, but moderators can still see it. You could use this page instead.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    Its there for me... you sure you're scrolling down far enough?
    Hi Irving, Long time no hear, hope all is well, I did ask about you in your abcence, Jonathan has just answered both our questions..

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Hi guys,

JB is correct I removed it from the forum home page to help clean up the "look" of the page, it also generates a number of database queries to display that information, while that isn’t to much of a problem for our web server it dose contribute towards the page load time.

I’ve made/making a number of small changes to help with site speed and going forward into what will be the new design for the site, I am also looking to de clutter as much as I can for things that don’t really contribute to the main function of the forum and help it to better “fit” the new design.

Some of the new things will be the use of a CDN and also the site database being hosted on UK soil, these two things alone will make a massive difference. I can’t wait for that day because I know what it will mean for everyone.

You will also notice a small change in the layout of threads/posts, this is the newer of the two layouts that come with the forum software and the layout you’re seeing now is also the best possible “fit” for the new design, it’s also well suited to the reading rule of 20 words per line. So also makes it (or should do) allot easier on your eyes and experience when trying to read.

I’ve made a note that we could have a small sidebar widget on the new design to show who is currently online, not a problem.

.Me

EDIT: Just a quick note, if you goto the "Quick Links" menu found under the main navigation bar, there is a "Who's Online" option you can use to see who's online.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post

I’ve made a note that we could have a small sidebar widget on the new design to show who is currently online, not a problem.

.Me
    Magic I hope that falls into the final look of the page as i did find those details at the bottom of the page quite usefull when using the PM system, Thanks Lee

Rick

Hi Rick,

I have now turned this back on for members for the time being, I didn’t really think other than me anyone would be using it much or in that way.

I will work on a solution for the sidebar on the new design before I remove it again as that would obviously now seem like a better plan.

Sorry any inconvenience.

.Me

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Hi Rick,

I have now turned this back on for members for the time being, I didn’t really think other than me anyone would be using it much or in that way.

I will work on a solution for the sidebar on the new design before I remove it again as that would obviously now seem like a better plan.

Sorry any inconvenience.

.Me
    Magic, onward and upward, perhaps you should post a poll?

Thread Information