. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    That might be the best route Neil, I must search he forum and see if anyone else has made one to copy. You said about using 230v drivers for the steppers, I assumed they were all 230v input? with lower voltage outputs in the 24-80 v range, is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Smokie555 View Post
    That might be the best route Neil, I must search he forum and see if anyone else has made one to copy. You said about using 230v drivers for the steppers, I assumed they were all 230v input? with lower voltage outputs in the 24-80 v range, is that correct?
    It depends on the voltage of the drivers you're using. Most drivers that come in the eBay kits are up to 48V, drivers like Leadshine AM882 (now superseded buy AM806 drives I believe) will handle up to 80V but you have to take back EMF into account so dont run at more than 72V, mist on here will power these with a DIY PSU that gives out 72V....

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    Neil...

Build log...here

3. The Following User Says Thank You to njhussey For This Useful Post:

I've taken on board everything above and looked around for something more suitable than my Lagun. I've been offered a Bridgeport Interact Series1 Mk2 that in in good nick but has faulty electric's. I might be able to do a deal to trade my Lagun against it and wondered had anyone converted one of these to Mach 3 and modern electric's?

Quote Originally Posted by Smokie555 View Post
    I've taken on board everything above and looked around for something more suitable than my Lagun. I've been offered a Bridgeport Interact Series1 Mk2 that in in good nick but has faulty electric's. I might be able to do a deal to trade my Lagun against it and wondered had anyone converted one of these to Mach 3 and modern electric's?
    That's a perfect machine to drop modern electronics in.......
    Last edited by njhussey; 06-10-2016 at 09:41 AM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

6. The Following User Says Thank You to njhussey For This Useful Post:

Well guys the Lagun is away and the Interact is in the garage. It was confusing at the start because as soon as you powered up, the spindle ran? I couldn’t stop it or control its speed as it didn’t respond to the tool call/stop etc commands. Finally I changed 2 of the supply phases around as the spindle was always turning backwards on start up and that really helped as I could now control the spindle on and off and the speed, I even managed to do some milling manually which was great.
    The problem now is she keeps tripping the RCB in the garage which I swopped from a 100mA to a 300mA job but it didn’t help. Unfortunately it's not 100% consistent, but the pattern seems most often when I move the X axis but sometimes it as soon as I press the orange power enable button.
    I find it odd that there’s no neutral connection on this machine and I wonder if it’s using the earth as its neutral and is this triggering the RCB? I’m running off my 5.5Kw rotary convertor and never had tripping problems with the old mill which I think had a neutral. Any idea’s
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-12.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	157.5 KB 
ID:	19608Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4-11.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	157.2 KB 
ID:	19609

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    No neutral on 3 phase machines is perfectly normal.
    Tripping a 300mA breaker would suggest there is a fault somewhere. First thing to try would be to power it up, then move/shake any wiring you can get access to, to see if that causes it to trip.
    Next thing would be to gradually isolate things in turn by pulling fuses, to see if you can narrow down the fault.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Right I'll give that a try tonight, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    No neutral on 3 phase machines is perfectly normal.
    Tripping a 300mA breaker would suggest there is a fault somewhere. First thing to try would be to power it up, then move/shake any wiring you can get access to, to see if that causes it to trip.
    Next thing would be to gradually isolate things in turn by pulling fuses, to see if you can narrow down the fault.
    Tripping an RCD means you have leakage current to ground. This could potentially be fatal so disconnect the machine and test which of the power or signal wires are shorting to the chassis. On my KRV it turned out to be the motor. Took it to be repaired and all it needed was a wash.
    https://emvioeng.com
    Machine tools and 3D printing supplies. Expanding constantly.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to komatias For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information