. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lives in Leeds, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-12-2022 Has been a member for 5-6 years. Has a total post count of 116. Received thanks 16 times, giving thanks to others 21 times.
    E-stop was working prior to a re-build and install and now is deciding not to work as required. Mach 3 is not detecting any inputs on pin 10 or pin 13 respective to how I have said pin input allocated.

I've got 5.5v between pin 4 and pin 10, then once I break the circuit via the e-stop It drops to 0v which shows it works fine.

This is the pin allocation within mach, I've got one side of the e-stop wired into ground and the other into pin 10 and set to active low.

Can anyone tell me am I looking at an issue within mach or a hardware issue.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	57390061_1380364852114363_7248787575870062592_n.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	343.8 KB 
ID:	25657Click image for larger version. 

Name:	57154244_382207222376534_6680851633569529856_n.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	25658Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	140.7 KB 
ID:	25659

If you go to the Diagnostics screen in Mach3 activating estop should cause a port 1 pin to alter state and the Emergency indicator to come on. If that is so you are wired up and configured correctly. I have this BoB, but unfortunately I am not able to confirm P4 is the appropriate place to take 5v as it is installed in a control box which is not easily accessible. I believe that the p10 input floats to 5v and only needs a connection to, or disconnection from, GND to activate.

While I think about it, is the 12-24v power connected ?

If you need the BoB manual, you can download it here:- https://www.dropbox.com/s/gfq4isvihn...rd-EN.pdf?dl=0

Lives in Leeds, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-12-2022 Has been a member for 5-6 years. Has a total post count of 116. Received thanks 16 times, giving thanks to others 21 times.
    It's also no showing any detection on it. It's driving me mad as sure as I am it should be working and nothing is displaying/triggering. I'm going off past questions and what others have said to check regarding volt drops when triggered. Yeah everything has worked fine for months but I've just got round to sorting this E-stop issue out.

Quote Originally Posted by RobC View Post
    It's also no showing any detection on it. It's driving me mad as sure as I am it should be working and nothing is displaying/triggering. I'm going off past questions and what others have said to check regarding volt drops when triggered. Yeah everything has worked fine for months but I've just got round to sorting this E-stop issue out.
    You have not answered Rob's question re the 12-24v on the bob also do you have the correct port set in Mach3. Should the e-stop be connected between grd and pin 10
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

I did it's in there with the its been working fine. E stop is wired between ground and 10 as described above. It's set to port 1.

I did it's in there with the its been working fine. E stop is wired between ground and 10 as described above. It's set to port 1.
    Well it seems you don't wan't to answer questions. No one has a crystal ball. re. "I've got 5.5v between pin 4 and pin 10," I don't think that is the correct place to get the 5v The inputs should show about 5V between a pin and ground. The reason for asking if the 12-24V is connected is that the inputs pins won't work without it.
    ..Clive

Well you directed at myself as you declared I've not answered my own question (Rob which is me), a little confusing. As I've said before I'm going off what others have declared to measure between on previous posts and yes the 24V is connected and into the correct pins.

Hi RobC,

are any of the other inputs working ? Homes and limits that is.

Rob-T

Well you directed at myself as you declared I've not answered my own question (Rob which is me), a little confusing. As I've said before I'm going off what others have declared to measure between on previous posts and yes the 24V is connected and into the correct pins.
    Ok I am not prepared to get into mind games. Good luck
    ..Clive

Hello! Well I didn't rewire any in but I've just done so as an experiment and they trip the stop function no problem. So that got me thinking, I'll try wiring 24v straight across the E-stop and bypassing ground and that works fine so I've got that wired as such now to trip the E-stop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information