. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lives in Wigan, United Kingdom. Current Activity: Viewing Moderator Control Panel Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,915. Received thanks 227 times, giving thanks to others 773 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Referred 11 members to the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldtop View Post
    Inspired by Jazz, I'll put a sign on the door; "When this shed's a-rockin, don't come knockin".

Haven't priced it up yet, just rounded up some Ebayers who have what look like suitable benches.

Lee - I hear you, and I'm more than happy to offer you £90 for your bench. :D
    Only reason I got involved was because i hoped to offer you that i would build you what's in the pic, for material cost only.

However your 3 hours away so I think the logistics have killed it, I know a half pallet will be about £60...

3x2 will be fine it's the cross bracing that will count, mine has ply sides sides and triangles on the back top corners half the leg length in both directions, it's solid as a rock I can assure you...no need for a slege hammer to crack an egg.

Two years old, 12 months weathered (was an outside work horse while I built my workshop) and 24 months later is still as strong as the day I built it.

Are you sure you can't be tempted to built your own, if you get the wood yard to cut to size all you got a do is screw/bolt it together?

.Me
    .Me

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 43 Minutes Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldtop View Post
    Inspired by Jazz, I'll put a sign on the door; "When this shed's a-rockin, don't come knockin".

Haven't priced it up yet, just rounded up some Ebayers who have what look like suitable benches.

Lee - I hear you, and I'm more than happy to offer you £90 for your bench. :D
    And theirs me thinking that a stand came with the router
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    And theirs me thinking that a stand came with the router
    Well if it did you forgot to bring it.!!. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Only reason I got involved was because i hoped to offer you that i would build you what's in the pic, for material cost only.

However your 3 hours away so I think the logistics have killed it, I know a half pallet will be about £60...

3x2 will be fine it's the cross bracing that will count, mine has ply sides sides and triangles on the back top corners half the leg length in both directions, it's solid as a rock I can assure you...no need for a slege hammer to crack an egg.

Two years old, 12 months weathered (was an outside work horse while I built my workshop) and 24 months later is still as strong as the day I built it.

Are you sure you can't be tempted to built your own, if you get the wood yard to cut to size all you got a do is screw/bolt it together?

.Me
    Misunderstanding. Wasn't aware you were offering to build it (and thanks on that anyway).

I know that most guys here can knock simple stuff like this up PDQ. Now I feel inadequate! ;-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information