. .
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Won't get that lot inside 18 x 50.!!
    Doesn't work like your nice neat drawing and you'll never get them to lay like that in reality. You'll need at least 25 x 56 and even then I'm not sure it will all fit easily.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Bert.
    Why do you need a ground wire in the drag chain, also if you want to use cy cable for the switches why not use 3 core 0.5mm. I just have 4 mm air lines in mine and find it ok. You could also use 1.0 mm to the spindle as it is 3 phase and the 2.2kw will be split between the cables.

Just a thought.
    Hi Clive S,

4mm2 earth (functional, not for protection)

Since all metal runs on bearings on these machines.... you want to make sure no (fault) current will ever pass through them to ground.

All moving parts are so inter connected without the stepper or signal cables.

4wire cy home
    I have combined y and z home in 1 cable.
    +,-,y,z

Also x1 home and x2 home are combined.
    +,-,x1,x2

Yes i can probably do cy 4x0.5mm2 for sensors.

I am looking for a single cable type for ease of ordering, single item to stock and just having a single package of +/- 50m item making it less expensive.

I have no clue on how much air i need glad to hear 4 will do.
    Need to find out before buying a suitable compressor (will a double or quad airbrush silent type work?)

like one of these:

6bar 25 liter 60 db

https://www.hbm-machines.com/product...ush-compressor

About spindle cooling.
    Do any of you run a pc cpu cooling type radiator/pump on the z assembly?

Dont see the real advantage of running the cooling lines towards the controls cabinet.
    And do the same thing there.

Running 12 volts for pump and fan to the z assembly beats 2x 8mm cooling lines in my opinion.

About the vfd.. spindle 1.0 mm2

Is it 230volt 3phase out right?

This formula should then resolve amps

P=V3*U line*I line*cos phi

so

2200=1.73*230V*6.9A*0.8

So 6.9amps?
    1mm2 should cover that than.

Any thoughts?

Grtz Bert.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A320FL met Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Won't get that lot inside 18 x 50.!!
    Doesn't work like your nice neat drawing and you'll never get them to lay like that in reality. You'll need at least 25 x 56 and even then I'm not sure it will all fit easily.
    Hi Jazz,

I did this drawing to hear from people here who have actually done a drag chain since i have not.

So thank you all for getting involved again and saving beginners like me from obvious mistakes.

So.
    The drawing is worst case and 2 spare cables. 4mm2 wasnt drawn.

Ok recap.

I hope i can drop 2 coolant 8mm lines and replace it with 12volt line.

Q1
    I would like to know about pc pump radiator setup on z assembly for spindle cooling, is it an ok option?

i can drop from 1.5 to 1.0 mm2 for spindle.
    i can drop from 6mm air to 4mm

I have 2 cy 4x0.75 spares drawn.

Q2
    Does one stack cables in a dragchain or should it be avoided?

Grtz Bert

Quote Originally Posted by driftspin View Post
    Hi Clive S,

I have no clue on how much air i need glad to hear 4 will do.
    Need to find out before buying a suitable compressor (will a double or quad airbrush silent type work?)

About spindle cooling.
    Do any of you run a pc cpu cooling type radiator/pump on the z assembly?

About the vfd.. spindle 1.0 mm2

Grtz Bert.

I use something like this on the back of the gantry with less that 1 ltr of water. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/80mm...ceBeautifyAB=0

but you can get one with a little bigger and fit a 120mm fan.

Re the VFD 2.2Kw is at the mains side so at the motor side rough figures prb. about 4A per phase ish.

re the 4mm tube I find that more than enough flow. I have it at about 8 bar and regulate it down on the gantry.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

For the drag chains:
    My old machine had drag chains down both sides. On one side I ran the signal cables and on the other side I ran the stepper cables and power lines (pump, light etc.). This was to keep them separate for interference. I've seen others groups them all together so maybe not required but it would give you double the space. Each one was quite large if I remember correctly, maybe 50x20 or so?

For the cooling:
    An earlier version of my old machine had the radiator on Z axis and that worked fine but did not look very nice with all the tubing sticking out. I moved it to the end of the gantry which was better.
    On my next machine I'm planning to run the cooling pipes all the way through the drag chains and off the machine to a reservoir tank (no radiator) as I found the spindle got barely warm even with the fan off (and sometime the pump off as well for small jobs). I will rely on the thermal inertia of a much bigger tank of water. Easy to add further cooling if it does not work but experience of the old machine suggests it will be OK.

Compressors:
    I'm no compressor expert but when I last looked at them you could either have quiet and low flow rate, or noisy and high flow rate. If you wanted higher flow and reasonable noise you needed to get multiple cylinders, belt drive but they were a lot more money.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    I use something like this on the back of the gantry with less that 1 ltr of water. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/80mm...ceBeautifyAB=0

but you can get one with a little bigger and fit a 120mm fan.

Re the VFD 2.2Kw is at the mains side so at the motor side rough figures prb. about 4A per phase ish.

re the 4mm tube I find that more than enough flow. I have it at about 8 bar and regulate it down on the gantry.
    Ok so..

So i am reading between the line, you are saying the vfd does 400 volts secundary.. That is even better actually.

Routercnc
    You say you moved the radiator to the end of the gantry. Pure cosmetics?
    I dont want to design in a direction that is some how flawed... or less desirable for know reasons.

Dual dragchains might do the trick also.
    need to look in to that.

Ok so i will first reduce size on the diameters for vfd cable and air/mist lines.
    After that i can measure cable length per type. see if i can get to 50% or so fill rate for the dragchain. if no i have to bite the bullit and go bigger.

Grtz. Bert

Last edited by driftspin; 11-04-2018 at 01:42 PM.

Yes, moved the radiator just for cosmetics. Worked fine where it was, weight was not a problem on the Z axis. But radiator was 120 mm size with fan and pipes sticking out so did not look so nice there.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Q1
    I would like to know about pc pump radiator setup on z assembly for spindle cooling, is it an ok option?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180411_142849419.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	163.5 KB 
ID:	24048Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180411_142840590.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	171.0 KB 
ID:	24049Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180411_142904644.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	157.4 KB 
ID:	24050
    The black tube into the reg. is feeding the air into the blue water filter with WD in it (just behind the gantry) and also to blow the chips away. You can see the cooling water 1Ltr on the gantry.

The fan is 120mm
    Last edited by Clive S; 11-04-2018 at 03:32 PM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

ARKO 22x80 R60

This is a very good cable chain, better than the chinese.Yes i use it on my machine, and yes i have similar chinese ones. its better. And a servo controller connector passes through it. And the price is right.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    ARKO 22x80 R60

This is a very good cable chain, better than the chinese.Yes i use it on my machine, and yes i have similar chinese ones. its better. And a servo controller connector passes through it. And the price is right.
    Hi Bouyan,

Thank you for the suggestion.
    I will look it up on a pc soon ... smartphone screws up the site.

Grtz Bert.

Last edited by driftspin; 28-04-2018 at 08:14 AM.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information