. .
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    0.01mm is about the resolution of my stepping setup. Mechanically a C7 screw and nut is 0.05mm or better.

I think these sensors are a good match for my system. Anything more would have been overkill but I can see why you'd like better if your doing the kind of precision work that absolutely requires it to be dead on.

The other issue you can get with these that you don't get with a 3D printer is keeping then clear of swarf? you would need to shield them very well
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Given that they're NC when not activated, if you want to connect them through a single pin, then you'll need some way to invert the signal.
    Missed this but it's easy fixed just set the Home input to Active low and it will see the signal when it goes low IE: The switch opens.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Missed this but it's easy fixed just set the Home input to Active low and it will see the signal when it goes low IE: The switch opens.
    Still wouldn't work for homing ;-)
    Wiring three to the same pin, unless you can make sure 2 are triggered (i.e switched open circuit) while you home the third one, it's not going to work.

Still wouldn't work for homing ;-)
    Wiring three to the same pin, unless you can make sure 2 are triggered (i.e switched open circuit) while you home the third one, it's not going to work.
    See what you mean and didn't give it a lot of thought plus I've Never used these type Switches so won't argue but I've just been looking thru PMDX126 manual and they use them wired in parallel on a single Pin so wouldn't be so sure.?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	switches.jpg 
Views:	888 
Size:	189.9 KB 
ID:	7989  

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    That's because the sensors in that diagram have a NO output.

That's because the sensors in that diagram have a NO output.
    Ah I didn't realise these where NC switches. . . Makes sense now.!! . . . Really should start reading the threads more often.!
    (To be honest didn't even knew Proximity switches add NC - NO option never used them or thought about it. Thought they just sensed magnetic fields but on reflection it's obvious it's just an electrical circuit so could have and would need to both options to work has switches. . . Doh.!!)

Lives in Lincoln, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17-06-2020 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 252. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    I thought I'd bounce this thread as I have a question related to the ALM output from a Leadshine drive (EM806, which is pretty much an upgraded AM882).

Is it safe to wire the ALM straight to a PIC pin, or should I use another (opto) transistor in the middle somewhere to isolate the two?

Regards,
    T.

Quote Originally Posted by dsc View Post
    I thought I'd bounce this thread as I have a question related to the ALM output from a Leadshine drive (EM806, which is pretty much an upgraded AM882).

Is it safe to wire the ALM straight to a PIC pin, or should I use another (opto) transistor in the middle somewhere to isolate the two?

Regards,
    T.
    I'm no electronics expert but think it should be ok has the alarm output can sink or source 20ma @ 24V and don't think the Pic will kick out more than 5V.

Something I do know thou is don't want you to blow my bloody drive up So be sure before trying. .Lol

Lives in Lincoln, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17-06-2020 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 252. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    Lol, I'm not keen on blowing anything up, thus the question :D

Regards,
    T.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information