. .

Thread: 7' X 4' Combi

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Welding looks good, but the garage looks nearly full!!! G.

Quote Originally Posted by GEOFFREY View Post
    Welding looks good, but the garage looks nearly full!!! G.
    Thanks G, Luckily its a three car garage and thats, just 1 third, there is an in progress 1932 V8 HotRod taking another third, and a Half spray booth taking up half the other third but luckily they are 21' deep so there is more space than first appears..

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Sounds like an interesting garage set-up. What is the hot-rod? Even with your garage looking so full it is 20x tidier than mine. G.

Quote Originally Posted by GEOFFREY View Post
    Sounds like an interesting garage set-up. What is the hot-rod? Even with your garage looking so full it is 20x tidier than mine. G.
    It could always do with being bigger and tidier..LOL, Its a 1932 Ford 5 Window on a 1940 Chassis, or will be, it should look a little like this..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RW09_r127_01.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	8391

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

WOW! Seeyou on Sunday. G.

Sweet ride, reminds me of a TV show I used to watch, American Hotrod based on Boyd Coddingtons custom shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwant1 View Post
    Sweet ride, reminds me of a TV show I used to watch, American Hotrod based on Boyd Coddingtons custom shop.
    It will be when its done, Complete Chassis re profiling, Lowered to 6", body over Chassis, 31" cross ply rears (the thin ones) Hemi motor, 6 carbs....and all without Boyd funding levels..

Rick

Ok today I hooked up Mach3 to the X Axis, Arrived at 200 steps Per/400mmMin/100Acceleration in motor tuning, Now here is where the brain goes mushy and i know ive asked this question before, The Gantry travels 2000mm in 18 seconds, the ballscrew is 10mm pitch, how do the settings in mach3 and the actual speed of the gantry relate to each other..

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    Ok today I hooked up Mach3 to the X Axis, Arrived at 200 steps Per/400mmMin/100Acceleration in motor tuning, Now here is where the brain goes mushy and i know ive asked this question before, The Gantry travels 2000mm in 18 seconds, the ballscrew is 10mm pitch, how do the settings in mach3 and the actual speed of the gantry relate to each other..

Rick
    Ok i think i have it.. LOL
    200 Steps per Rev x 8 microsteps = 1600 / 10mm pitch screw = 1600/10 = 160 steps per unit. not the 200 i put in, not sure what that will do when i put it in tomorrow when i get in but i will let you know.

I knew ide asked before lol

http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/machin...-mach-3-a.html

Rick
    Last edited by Ricardoco; 10-03-2013 at 03:37 AM.

I was still trying to work out what the question was!
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information