. .
Page 65 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    The time for fannying around has passed now....Z axis energy chain on the front plate, tie wrapped (temporary) to the back...

Y axis energy chain bracket mounted...

Think I'm going to go with 2 small chains, one for power and one for signals and water...have them going down different sides...
    Last edited by njhussey; 14-07-2015 at 04:56 PM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

It's like Christmas today, a few bits came, most importantly the cable tray for the energy chain to go on. I know I could use brackets but I will need cable tray for CNCING the mill later...

4" rotary table, 3" 3 jaw chuck, tailstock, small milling cutters, ER20 collet set...

Some engraving cutters...

And some EN8 steel bar in sizes from 10mm up to 65mm for stock (sure I can think of some good uses for some of this!!)

Edit: just been up b&q and got 20m of 5mm tube for the water cooled Spindle. ..just need a tank/bucket and small pump.

Last edited by njhussey; 15-07-2015 at 04:32 PM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Was looking round the yard at work for some Ali and steel so I can make brackets for the machine and found this lot in a pile of plastic....mostly 50 series Ali with some ms and 304 ss thin sheet.

There's a few chunks of some sort of fibre glass impregnated plastic I've got my eye on for the sacrificial bed....

Made a plate for the bandsaw so I can cut out the brackets from the sheet Ali and steel I've found...

Neil...

Build log...here

Ok, a bit more done this afternoon in between phone calls etc.

Made a new limit switch bracket/energy chain mount and mounted the cable tray one side....now to do some more brackets and the other side...

Neil...

Build log...here

5. The Following User Says Thank You to njhussey For This Useful Post:

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 22 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Neil Looking good don't forget to put the rest of the bolts in the bearing mountings
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Neil Looking good don't forget to put the rest of the bolts in the bearing mountings
    Cheers Clive. Yeah I know, I was adjusting them the other day and not got round to doing it....
    Neil...

Build log...here

Hi Neil,

I found that the little bits and pieces take almost as long as the basic moving frame work! Keep plugging away and you will get there . . .
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    Hi Neil,

I found that the little bits and pieces take almost as long as the basic moving frame work! Keep plugging away and you will get there . . .
    Tell me about it Barry, too much fannying around doing the small things. The other trouble is that it's now holiday season and for the next 6 weeks there's one of us (only 3 in the office) out so I'm guessing all work will stop again on it as I'll be busy doing the day to day stuff and 3D drawing for quotes etc, hope not as it's getting nearer to the day that it makes the first chips!
    Neil...

Build log...here

Its looking great. One thing is there are atleast 4 rc modelers on here that I've seen now (including myself).

Im going to work on getting the fult signal from the hunyang vfd linked up but ive not seen anyone on here do this from my searches.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotty101 View Post
    Its looking great. One thing is there are atleast 4 rc modelers on here that I've seen now (including myself).

Im going to work on getting the fult signal from the hunyang vfd linked up but ive not seen anyone on here do this from my searches.
    Cheers! I've not looked at the VFD integration yet...that'll be the last thing I do I think.

First thing I cut will be a set of wing ribs!!!
    Neil...

Build log...here

Page 65 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread Information