. .
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    grr it has to be done this week!

i need to ride to my MOD 1 on monday.

Quote Originally Posted by jcb121 View Post
    grr it has to be done this week!

i need to ride to my MOD 1 on monday.
    i just did a bit of research on the powervalve (i never got my hands dirty on one) if the bike was a bit guttless after 9000rpm (start of the powerband) then the chances are the powervalve wasnt working in the first place... some versions aparently wear out and can drop parts into your cylinder, possibly what happend to yours ?

if you have all the other replacement parts it may well run well enough for your mod 1 without the powervalve running (i think you can assume it wasnt running anyway)
    good luck man :sad:

Mate, you are almost spot on!

It was gutless all the time! I barely had the power to move me from stopped, I would have to clutch in and rev it again 2-3 times.

The power valve was working, I saw the servo moving about.

when I took apart the engine, the piston was worn to a smooth edge on one section. The power valve has fallen into the engine and it closed off half of the exhaust completely, as well as that the bottom end is leaking pressure.

this would explain how crap it was riding!

The powervalve hasn't completely fallen out of place though, i can still move it physically up and down with out issue. the power valve is in 3 sections and I think just the middle one has fallen down. this would also explain the rattle I heard when riding and the worn piston.

TheTuningWorks have a set of two blades for £250 that i will be buying tomorrow with weekend delivery.

I need to find some good liquid gasket though, the manual states suzuki bond 1215 but I can't find this stuff anywhere and it's a bit late now!

I need to find some good liquid gasket though, the manual states suzuki bond 1215 but I can't find this stuff anywhere and it's a bit late now!
    might be worth bending some ears in a local bike shop,,,, not the pocket rocket supermarket type where the staff dont know what oily hands look like and would love to sell you some super duper suzuki bond 1215 for £60
    id be looking for some ugly bugger with a beard and oil tattood into his hands... im sure he will have a nice equivelant in a dusty box for a tenner :)

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I'm guessing you'll be needing a sealant that's flexible and actually sticks things together (not like the usual silicon gasket stuff, which doesn't really glue anything together, just fills holes).

Genuine Ford and Vauxhall sealant are good, and reasonably cheap (Ford stuff comes in a handy little dispenser tube, whereas Vauxhall comes in a short mastic tube and needs a mastic gun). Failing that, Tigerseal is always good, but may make future dismantling a bit more challenging!

Tigerseal is always good, but may make future dismantling a bit more challenging!
    that sounds like the type of stuff ..... you wouldnt happen to have a beard and tatto's on yer face would you M_C ?

I don't have a problem with dismantling it! I have all the tools needed to split them.

I genuinely couldn't get the cylinder off though.

on my 2nd day of riding the bike, I went to my metal shop to price up some alu for my cnc, went there today and said it was broken. he genuinely looked sad and gave me some steel and bolts for free.

he just told me to get the bike running!

I drilled holes for the cylinder studds in the metal and drilled a central hole. I had a 100mm bolt to push down on the piston and pull up the cylinder.

marked the piston badly but it was scrap anyway.

thinking about it, i should have picked up some alu at the same time and started to build my CNC on the cheap!

Sticky is ok, It has to be strong mainly. it needs to withstand oil, coolant and high pressures from the bottom end.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackburn mark View Post
    that sounds like the type of stuff ..... you wouldnt happen to have a beard and tatto's on yer face would you M_C ?
    Tigerseal is just a brand name for PU (Polyurethane) adhesive, and is used in the motor industry for sealing/sticking car panels on. It relies on moisture to set, and once set nothing other than physically cutting it of will shift it. Just make sure you wear gloves when dealing with it, as if you let it set on your skin, it takes a good few days for it to eventually fall off.

And no tat's here, only stubble!
    Although I am known as the grumpy one at work...

I don't think i'll need anything that extreme!

Quote Originally Posted by jcb121 View Post
    I don't think i'll need anything that extreme!
    hahahaha! i was thinking that.... im going to store that one in my memory though, Polyurethane adhesive.... might come in handy

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information