. .
    Hi everybody, I am probably like hundreds before me, retired, love the idea of working with wood and thought, "I know I'll get a cnc router it will do all what I want to do and more".
    Well how hard can it be?
    It took months of looking around for a cnc router, I bought a Chinese 3020 "that's smaller than I thought" anyway gave it a go it only took me TWO MONTHS to get my first cut and then I collided with my hold-own clamp.
    After holding my head in my hands for the next couple of weeks and wondering around mumbling "What have I done", I started looking at this forum. Lo and behold a eureka moment, other people like myself, but not only that, there are people prepared to share their knowledge and mistakes to help people like me. Thank you MYCNCUK I am so glad I found you.

Best regards

Welcome to the forum! I think its the best forum about DIY CNC i know of. Especially if you have visited before that the cnczone, which really could confuse people with some ways of thinking and doing stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by custer View Post
    and then I collided with my hold-own clamp.
    After holding my head in my hands for the next couple of weeks and wondering around mumbling "What have I done"...
    Best regards
    You are not the only one, but whats the big deal? Did yo break sth? Normally steppers will stall and nothing would happen. At most you could break a bit. Now the other problems the chinese machines have with electronics and so, could make you want to pull your hair off
    Last edited by Boyan Silyavski; 30-09-2016 at 04:57 AM.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Quote Originally Posted by custer View Post
    Hi everybody, I am probably like hundreds before me, retired, love the idea of working with wood and thought, "I know I'll get a cnc router it will do all what I want to do and more".
    Well how hard can it be?
    It took months of looking around for a cnc router, I bought a Chinese 3020 "that's smaller than I thought" anyway gave it a go it only took me TWO MONTHS to get my first cut and then I collided with my hold-own clamp.
    After holding my head in my hands for the next couple of weeks and wondering around mumbling "What have I done", I started looking at this forum. Lo and behold a eureka moment, other people like myself, but not only that, there are people prepared to share their knowledge and mistakes to help people like me. Thank you MYCNCUK I am so glad I found you.

Best regards

Thread Information