. .
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    I also ordered the set +some extra, so for 20 euro i will have 3-12mm covered. I was thinking that i will need some new 3-12mm drill bit set that is suitable , should be set where they go 0.1mm each next size, right? Or is there a set made to go with the reamers? So Do you know of something that will not break the bank?
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Lives in Plymouth, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 20 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,729. Received thanks 295 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    Yes, I would drill 0.1mm undersize for the smaller sizes, but maybe 0.2mm under for the larger (say, >6mm). Partly that is to make sure that the drill does not cut oversize although with new, good quality, drills that shouldn't be a big problem. If I'm not sure about the accuracy of a drill (typically if I have reground it and the point might be very slightly off-centre) I drill a slightly smaller hole first and then use the "correct" drill. It's more likely to be the correct size that way. Then reamer if needed.

You can probably tell that I don't do this professionally - the professional buys decent quality tools because time is money

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    I also ordered the set +some extra, so for 20 euro i will have 3-12mm covered. I was thinking that i will need some new 3-12mm drill bit set that is suitable , should be set where they go 0.1mm each next size, right? Or is there a set made to go with the reamers? So Do you know of something that will not break the bank?
    I was wondering the same thing after my reamers arrived. The lookup tables show 0.1 or 0.2mm undersize is required as per Neales reply but I couldn't find a 'set of reaming drills'. Only standard sets which were in 0.1mm increments. Why isn't there such a thing as a set of reaming drill bits? Other option is to buy them individually from someone like Tracy Tools in the respective sizes for each reamer.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Lives in Plymouth, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 20 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,729. Received thanks 295 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    I couldn't find a 'set of reaming drills'.
    Not sure that I've ever seen such a thing. I suppose that it makes sense - like sets of tapping and clearance drills? - but the usual dealers just sell the 1-10mmx0.1 type sets. I've bought a few of them over the years; the "special" sizes tend to get replaced as needed and I use the other sizes for general non-critical work. I've used UK Drills as an online supplier and their stuff seems OK but you end up buying 10-off for most sizes...

OK ....I ordered a set and received two of them...about a week apart...lol.....but not had anything since. Anyone else still waiting for the full complement?

I'm still waiting for the balance, 2 delivered so far but away from home today so no idea if anything has been delivered today. I'll leave it until Tuesday or Wednesday and then put a claim in to eBay
    John S -

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,601. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Ive also received two thus far .... waiting for the rest. Odd.

Quote Originally Posted by camhguh View Post
    OK ....I ordered a set and received two of them...about a week apart...lol.....but not had anything since. Anyone else still waiting for the full complement?
    The remaining reamers turned up today, so all is good :)

Mine arrived this morning, all in one package
    John S -

I'm going for the £11.95 set:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Chucki...FTJpXNFONNKJHw

Maybe this seller saves £1 by posting them in one lot...
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information