. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    As usual sourcing the bits i need and came across this but as you can see from the link they have not stock, any ideas where else i can get them in the uk..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ballnut.png 
Views:	1315 
Size:	128.2 KB 
ID:	6210

http://www.wmh-trans.co.uk/Products/...PE/R16-5B1-SSV
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Why do you want a square one? They're rather expensive compared to RM1605 ballnuts, plus it means you'll have to get the ballscrew from England and pay a fortune to have it machined.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

I will machine it myself and its not that expensive for the ballnut and they offer an anealing service for a fiver, the alternative is machining out under the bed where the nut will be mounted. so do you know where i can get them then??
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    you could try Hiwin

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    you could try Hiwin
    have you got a link then??

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    have you got a link then??
    Have you got google then?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    its not that expensive for the ballnut [...] the alternative is machining out under the bed where the nut will be mounted.
    About £60 with vat, so almost 3 times the price of one RM1605 in China. I know which I'd rather... for the price of that ballnut you could get two Chinese ball-nuts, Belleville washers and preload them to get zero backlash with money to spare to make the mount. To me it would be well worth machining the bed, may not even need to if you used RM1204 ball-nuts as they're significantly smaller than RM1605. Since you wouldn't have to machine the ballscrews the overall man-hours is probably quite similar.
    What machine is this for?
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Have you got google then?

About £60 with vat, so almost 3 times the price of one RM1605 in China. I know which I'd rather... for the price of that ballnut you could get two Chinese ball-nuts, Belleville washers and preload them to get zero backlash with money to spare to make the mount. To me it would be well worth machining the bed, may not even need to if you used RM1204 ball-nuts as they're significantly smaller than RM1605. Since you wouldn't have to machine the ballscrews the overall man-hours is probably quite similar.
    What machine is this for?
    1205 is too small, its for an existing metal working machine not a DIY one, and as such was designed with a 1605 so i would assume thats what it would require, and to be fair i would pay double that if i could get it tuesday, sometimes its about speed and quality not money, it has to be done correctly so, the existing nut is square so i just swap it out, i dont have the time to machine an 800x20x6mm slot in a cast bed, it just dosnt make chronological sence for me, but it may suit others, i know which machine i would rather buy though....

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Have you got google then??
    Your a bit rude arnt you, people follow the threads on these forums and as such i2i has suggested something that others may find interesting so i asked if he had a link, i was using google the day the site was posted and others long before it, all the information on this forum can be found else where, but we come here to share our experiences have a chat and help each other out. and being a community officer you should be encouraging people to bring the information here not sending them away....to google..

9. Hiwin are the manufacture of that nut, and are in Taiwan, but do have an office in Germany, but it is unlikely you will get a reply direct from them because they are only interested in dealing with distributors or EOMs.
    you will be best looking for a hiwin distributor and contacting them.
    http://www.hiwin.com.tw

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gary For This Useful Post:

11. Thanks for shedding some light on that Gary.

Michael

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information