. .
    I no longer respond because most posts which I might be able to help with are such utter bobbar.

Responses not pertaining to pricing or quoting for jobs should be allowed and transgressors should be suspended/banned.

I had a long discussion with a Knobsock who described pockets over 10mm deep with 0.5mm radius corners as a "Simple 3-Axis Job".
    I don't know if he ever got it sorted but given that he was obviously clueless I suspect not.

Add to that knobsocks expecting cheap one-off quotes for products already commercially available and the RFQ section becomes more of a laugh than anything else.

If we could undercut the Big-Boys on existing big production products we would all be making a mint - Durr!
    Last edited by magicniner; 07-12-2017 at 03:20 AM.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    You mean you don't have an extensive selection of 10xD endmills?

I personally gave up on the RFQ section when Lee decided to remove the ability to reply, after somebody got upset at suggestions to make the part easier to machine.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    I personally gave up on the RFQ section when Lee decided to remove the ability to reply, after somebody got upset at suggestions to make the part easier to machine.
    Blast!, I thought I was to blame when an RFQ I posted for a spindle bracket turned into a bit of a "discussion" over private hobbyist charging peanuts over established businesses.
    Last edited by Doddy; 07-12-2017 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    I no longer respond because most posts which I might be able to help with are such utter bobbar.

Responses not pertaining to pricing or quoting for jobs should be allowed and transgressors should be suspended/banned.

I had a long discussion with a Knobsock who described pockets over 10mm deep with 0.5mm radius corners as a "Simple 3-Axis Job".
    I don't know if he ever got it sorted but given that he was obviously clueless I suspect not.

Add to that knobsocks expecting cheap one-off quotes for products already commercially available and the RFQ section becomes more of a laugh than anything else.

If we could undercut the Big-Boys on existing big production products we would all be making a mint - Durr!
    Sorry I thought I had replied to your PM regarding this but looks as though I never, here is a quote from a PM iI sent cropwell recently:

I hope to upgrade the forum software in the not to distant future with something a little more advanced and more modern. I'm not sure when as i'm currently going through some major crisis situations and changes in my home life at the momment, I'm in just poping on to modarate new members each day and reading the odd post for help if i'm asked to.

Sorry for the delay.

Lee
    This includes the RFQ section as I do agree its not an ideal setup currently, I hope to build something either as a component/section of the website/forum software or a standalone and more like a website in its own right, I had plans to use www.freelancemachinist.domain for instance, at the momment I'm not sure what direction to take on that detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    Blast!, I thought I was to blame when an RFQ I posted for a spindle bracket turned into a bit of a "discussion" over private hobbyist charging peanuts over established businesses.
    Not to blame, but yea because of the direction that discussion went in and the other feedback taken from it, I decided to make the RFQ's private reply as a fix to some concerns, again this wasn't supposed to have been long term as I hoped to have built a new RFQ system.

If you guys want to hash out what you feel would be a good way of doing things regarding the RFQ's please feel free, I do think we should have a set of mandatory standards for every job that gets posted, it may also be a good idea if those submissions require review and approval before they become "live" so to speak.

What do you think ?
    .Me

Thread Information