. .
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    it'll end up being a single phase VMC, with 600 x 300 x 500 axis movement (x y z).
    Thats it rub it in... oh and dont forget the ATC!!!
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    i havent decided yet how many stations to have on the atc

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    i may stick to eight as i have a triac that uses an eight station changer

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    You are only one step away from an off the shelf VMC or router.
    Once you have all this the next failing is going to be the build of the existing machine.
    Yep thats exactly what I want it for my next machine.!! It will be VMC or possibly HMC which is the latest train of thought.!! Either way it will be massive strong.!! (For DIY)

I've slowly been collecting bits, so far I've got 5x 25mm class 3 ground twin nut screws, 30mm profiled rails/bearings, 2x11Nm Mitsubishi AC servo motors/drives, 60mm ground cast Tslot tooling plate for bed. Grand spend total so far £1100 which hisn't bad to say Screws and rails are brand new.!!. . . Amazing what you drop across if your patient.
    Still need more motors and few other bits but I'm getting there slowly. just keep watching for the bargains and trying to snag them before some "OLD BASTARD" does. . nearly snagged my self a pallet loader and tombstone other day but didn't happen. . .!!! That would have decided it was HMC which I'm sure it will end up being anyway.?

Dont see many spindles comming up for sale thou and have thought about buying S/H biesse type machine but not really what I'm after. Plus not seen anycheap enough to make stripping out worth it.!! Thou you never know one could pop along unexpected, but I bet you £1000000000000 it does so when I'm brassik or tax mans raped me again. .!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    a gearbox to cope with 20k, i'll give Lewis or Jensen a ring i'm sure they'll have one spare.
    Why they only go backwards. . . . . . . . . Even Lewis whinged about it off start at weekend.! . . . . Anyway I've got a spare motoX gearbox that can just about handle 20K if your stuck. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Why they only go backwards. . . . . . . . . Even Lewis whinged about it off start at weekend.! . . . . Anyway I've got a spare motoX gearbox that can just about handle 20K if your stuck. Lol
    Doesn't he just moan all the time, i don't know....kids today.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    why do we invent all these sports i ask you...
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    DMM you can have a full 4 axis set 1000W motors and drives BOB, PSU,cables etc for $1600.!!. . .Not exactly comparing apples with apples due to lower RPM but still good price.

http://www.dmm-tech.com/technology_solutions.html

This is better set off Alibahbah . . http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information