. .
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    I think if you go to '' GO Advanced '' you can over come the problem of '' message too short''

That's great thanks for all that, spent a small fortune on the control cabinets stuff today but it should all arrive in time. Went for 4 smaller caps in the end.

Today's stumbling block is the main belt for the x axis. Measured up and it needs to be 3000mm. I have spoken to a number of suppliers and none can do anything over 2500.

Would a welded polyurethane belt be ok? This looks like it might be the only way I can get one of these to work?

Any suggestions

How come 3000mm? Isn't your machine footprint 1200 x 900mm? My footprint is 1300 x 950mm and I'm using 2525mm long belt.

Can you not use one belt between the X axis ballscrews and then with a double pulley on one ballscrew just put a short belt to the stepper?
    Last edited by njhussey; 11-03-2015 at 06:29 PM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

No the width of the machine now is around 1300 between x axis screws

The problem I have with that and the reason I wanted the one belt is mainly because if the long belt snaps the short one will still be driving one axis.

I'd have just slaved them otherwise :/

Quote Originally Posted by fvfdrums View Post
    Would a welded polyurethane belt be ok? This looks like it might be the only way I can get one of these to work?
    If your talking about buying a welded belt not knocking one up your self then yes they work fine. My old machine was 3200 with made up belt and never had any problems. In over 5yrs only had to change one belt after pulley fell off which was my own fault.

Yeah I have no intention of welding it myself :)

It's from a belting supplier, thanks for confirming that Dean.

Quote Originally Posted by fvfdrums View Post
    The problem I have with that and the reason I wanted the one belt is mainly because if the long belt snaps the short one will still be driving one axis.

I'd have just slaved them otherwise :/
    Not a problem either just put a sensor on longer belt which is tied into E-stop so if it snaps machine stops.!! . . . . I did this with my machine just because I leave it unattended for long periods.

I've got a load of new old stock of screened 8, 6 and 4 core alarm cable if anyone needs any, it's worth about £15 a drum on the bay but I can't be asked with that, happy to help anyone out if they would like some.

Should be good for limits and so on?

.Me
    .Me

right I have got the belt! well its ordered, cost a small fortune mind so I hope it won't break!

Yet another question. I am just fitting up the limit switches on the machine and then the homing.

I have the large industrial style limit switches with a roller that can be activated either cw/cww which I am going to have activated by a ramp rather than bumping into it. However the homing switches are proximity. how and where do people generally fit these?

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread Information