. .
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I can't drive down myself since being only 20 means the insurance would probably cost more than the car, so if I can get a lift that would be good...
    But not with me because chances are he'll end up road kill.!!. . . . .Only kidding he's welcome and I'll even bring him back alive.!!

Quote Originally Posted by blackburn mark View Post
    I'm with chas here, its a good trek down for me
    iv a long wheelbase sprinter but iv laid carpet added bed etc so I'm not for loading it with greasy machinery
    it will sleep 4 at a push but has only two legal seats so if I'm picking any folk up passenger three and four will be bending the law a tad
    that said I'm happy to come down on a sat morning get stuck in, sleep then get stuck in again sun
    it would be nice to have someone split the diesel with me

you have some juggling to do Irving, I think Fivetide has a possible bagsy on one spot in my van and jazz may have a second... chas may be able to buy the last birth with all that bacon:) and he sound like he might make a half decent foreman

so that is where I am up to... if you can make any use feel free
    Too right mate !! I'm well up for it :) So I bagdsy the seat!! Shot gun !! I'm strong when fuelled by alcohol lol

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetide View Post
    I'm strong when fuelled by alcohol lol
    lol, yeah but can you walk in a straight line touching your nose. Then I'd be willing to lift up a 300kg lathe with you on the other end.

Seriously though, bring some for all of us, no really seriously, I'm in London so considered as one of the local guys. I got 2 lutons with tail lifts, if someone wants to drive one and I the other. Only thing I'm worried about is the actual date and time. I'm only available in evenings and all day Sunday. I think it'll be a great opportunity to meet a few folks from this here site. Just let me know guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwant1 View Post
    lol, yeah but can you walk in a straight line touching your nose.
    Well I've passed the test several times lol ! does the Luton have a 300kg tail lift ? thought it would flip the van over backwards lol :) Think serious stuff first then beers after ? and you want us to bring some "real" ale down to the south ? Never ! I refuse lol We will drink that girlie stuff you pass of as beer hehe

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lives in Nottingham(ish), United Kingdom. Last Activity: 09-03-2013 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 55. Received thanks 2 times, giving thanks to others 2 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Same here... but after reading the earlier responses I feel under-qualified, since I don't own a van or lifting equipment, nor would anyone describe me as a 'strong guy'. I can't drive down myself since being only 20 means the insurance would probably cost more than the car, so if I can get a lift that would be good...
    Typical student, using all that yoof & IQ to talk himself out of a bit of manual labour.

I'd be passing both Nottingham & Leicester on the way Darn' Sarth (where the softies live). I'm a slooow driver so I'd need to pick you up around 5am ish

Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivetide View Post
    and you want us to bring some "real" ale down to the south ? Never ! I refuse lol We will drink that girlie stuff you pass of as beer hehe
    Careful, I hear that londoners get real ale by by throwing a pint glass on a fishing line into the thames. Might want to see the doctor and get some shots before you go...

Quote Originally Posted by Chas View Post
    I'm a slooow driver so I'd need to pick you up around 5am ish
    You knowledge of students is clearly somewhat limited . If it's on Friday, then from Nottingham is good...
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

8. guys, i'm touched by the offers to help. think i've sorted some storage in a relatives garage but need to check how secure it is. then need to figure dates and arrange with hospital a home visit. will probably have to be weekday and a dry one at that (and i'm not refering to the beer :lol: ) reckon could be done in a day (I hope) with enough hands/transport

Lives in Nottingham(ish), United Kingdom. Last Activity: 09-03-2013 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 55. Received thanks 2 times, giving thanks to others 2 times.
    I can only half appreciate how important a precious home visit would mean to you, please don't feel the need to waste one on supervising a rag tag bunch of rogue's, vagabonds & Ne'er do well'rs, who've descended from the four corners of the kingdom to ransack & pillage your workshop.

It's not like all your tools will be on eBay before the day has ended .

Then again, I reckon I'd want to be there if a bunch of semi-tame, experiMENTAList CNC enthusiasts were to descend on my workshop & proceed to rip it apart.

It would be nice to meet you, but not totally necessary. We only need to know what needs moving & where to.

I agree with Chas. Weekdays no problem for me. G.

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread Information