. .

Thread: noobie (Johann)

Absolute newbie to CNC and have just build (mechanical part) a Openbuild OX 1mx1m CNC machine. Presently in Italy until mid May, when I hope to complete the electronics of the build.

Hopefully start my first project before end of May. No CAD/CAM experience but 30 odd years in computer and broadcast engineering should help a bit I hope.

Nice to meet you all

Lives in Leeds, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-12-2022 Has been a member for 5-6 years. Has a total post count of 116. Received thanks 16 times, giving thanks to others 21 times.
    Welcome Johann! Where are you located as some members if local could help you out with a few tricks!
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by cncnoobie View Post
    Absolute newbie to CNC and have just build (mechanical part) a Openbuild OX 1mx1m CNC machine. Presently in Italy until mid May, when I hope to complete the electronics of the build.

Hopefully start my first project before end of May. No CAD/CAM experience but 30 odd years in computer and broadcast engineering should help a bit I hope.

Nice to meet you all
    Thanks for the welcome Rob. Base North London, Muswell Hill N10

Cheers

Johann

Lives in Leeds, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-12-2022 Has been a member for 5-6 years. Has a total post count of 116. Received thanks 16 times, giving thanks to others 21 times.
    Ah you're a little too far south for me to help with much but I can tell you if no-one else has yet to try out Fusion 360. Probably the best free to use cad/cam package available to learners and professionals.

Rob

Thread Information