. .
    Afternoon All.

I'm looking for some help, advice and guidance on my next cnc router frame purchase.
    A little background, I currently have a Chinese 6040 and self built standalone controller using a DDCSV1.1, the latter is working well for my needs and so I am looking to keep it. But swap out the 6040 frame for something better, as it works but isn't terribly rigid or has a flat bed I am sure, so instead of throwing money at it to make it better I'd like to get something better.

As a former enginner and CAD designer, from my reading on this very forum and my own ideas, I think I have come up with a couple of half decent frame designs. But to be honest, by the time I have had the parts needed machined following my own prototyping out of a hard plastic perhaps, I may as well just buy one already sorted.

I've looked longingly at the cncrouter parts Benchtop PRO units and they look great, but at £3K+ are not cheap and I am sure I can get something as good for less and potentially from the UK already avoiding import taxes etc.

So really and truly what is available to me from builders/suppliers here in the UK?

Thanks for your time.

Ian Contessa

2. Would this frame design met what you are needing?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-04-13_CNC Gantry Router design orginal space idea.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	25656

As that is a rendering of the original design that Jaz and I discussed before he built a sightly smaller version for my workshop. The are all extrusion or Aluminum plate and be changed out for either steel box section or linear rails rather easily in the design set up. I have been dealing with life, health, and business. Not a simple design and I stil need to finish a few of the adjustment points but a rather sound design that I have cut aluminum on when it was set up for a 1.5kw spindle (strongly suggest 2.2kw minimum. any how hope it helps.

Michael
    Software SolidWorks 2024, Onshape, Aspire v9.5, Blender
    CNC Machine: http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/3661-...Second-machine
    3D printers both FDM/FFD and MSLA resin
    CSWA &CSWA-AM certified
    www.marino-customs.com

3. The Following User Says Thank You to m.marino For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by m.marino View Post
    Would this frame design met what you are needing?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-04-13_CNC Gantry Router design orginal space idea.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	25656

As that is a rendering of the original design that Jaz and I discussed before he built a sightly smaller version for my workshop. The are all extrusion or Aluminum plate and be changed out for either steel box section or linear rails rather easily in the design set up. I have been dealing with life, health, and business. Not a simple design and I stil need to finish a few of the adjustment points but a rather sound design that I have cut aluminum on when it was set up for a 1.5kw spindle (strongly suggest 2.2kw minimum. any how hope it helps.

Michael
    Afternoon Michael.

Thank you for your time and input to my question.

Ah yeah, that look a nice design. It looks to be kept relatviely easier to build, but at the same time looks strong and rigid

So Jaz built this frame for you, how much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?
    Primarily it's just a frame I am after, as the electronics and wiring I would like to do myself, so that is what I am curious about price wise.

I have had a quick look through your build topic and seen some built photos to.

Ian Contessa
    Last edited by coolice; 14-04-2019 at 12:46 PM.

5. That is the design as it was meant to be for a 500 x 1000 mm actual cutting area. The cost is not something I currently remember nor have to hand at the moment. Though most of the extrusion can be gotten from KJN, http://www.aluminium-profile.co.uk . I hope that helpsJazz currently is recommending Fred of BST on Aliexpress for mechanical parts and which road you go down on control equipment is up to you. I have a self built 60V+ Toroidal power supply That normally runs everything (including a 4th axis that is not pictured. machine is currently in storage but i will be putting it back to work hopefully rather soon as it has earned it's keep very very well.

Michael
    Software SolidWorks 2024, Onshape, Aspire v9.5, Blender
    CNC Machine: http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/3661-...Second-machine
    3D printers both FDM/FFD and MSLA resin
    CSWA &CSWA-AM certified
    www.marino-customs.com

Thread Information