. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi Guys my 1st post.

To start i know nothing about cmc machines, please bear that in mind.

I run a sign company and in the past have used the zund cutters with the camera for cutting prints from a flat bed printer etc.

Im toying with the idea of getting a cnc for cutting various materials to be printed on etc.

my requirements would be

able to cut 8x4ft sheets
    various grades of foam board 3mm, 5mm, 10mm
    aluminium composite sheet
    acrylic sheet various depths 3mm, 5mm, 10mm

nothing to fancy cuts, just things like letters square cuts etc.

whats my options as i want to spend as little as possible as id like to upgrade to a machine with a camera at some point..

is there basic budget machines available or would a chinese machine be suitable, to be honest i don't know where to start...

thanks in advance
    nick

Hi Nick welcome to the forum.

I'm not really sure on how to advise you, so first question is...

Do you want to build your own machine or buy something commercially available?

.Me
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Hi Nick welcome to the forum.

I'm not really sure on how to advise you, so first question is...

Do you want to build your own machine or buy something commercially available?

.Me
    I would just buy something off the shelf really I'm not into building stuff, I'm quite handy with my printers etc, but wouldn't want to attempt anything like that..

Quote Originally Posted by slinna View Post
    Hi Nick.If in China. A suitable price can fit your needs.Because it is a competitive market in China for so many factories.You can go to alibaba and made in china to search what you need.It is not easy to cut both aluminium composite sheet and other non-metal materials on one machine. Normally needs two cutting machines. Can you tell me what's your cutting accuracy? and how many do you need to cut for one day? Maybe I can help you.
    Hi, for accurcy, if i cut a board for instance 500 x 500 i need it to be that size generally, you can cut aluminium composite with a knife its not thick at all, is it possible to put a knife on these cmc machines ?
    I wouldn't be using it on a daily basis maybe a few times a week

AXYZ 6010 3x2 meters Great condition, Must See!!!

Gerber System 48 Plus CNC Router For Sale

Thats Cheap especially if you want full solution. So you can start right away making money.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Quote Originally Posted by silyavski View Post
    AXYZ 6010 3x2 meters Great condition, Must See!!!

Gerber System 48 Plus CNC Router For Sale

Thats Cheap especially if you want full solution. So you can start right away making money.
    There's no prices on any of those machines Boyan so how do you work out they are cheap.?

Locust.

Problem is that at the size you want and with the type of material you want to cut then you'll most likely need vacuum to hold down material.
    High volume vacuum pumps are not cheap esp for the size your wanting so trying to do this on a budget will be difficult.

The machine required for your needs could be built resonable enough but a good vacuum system could cost nearly the same amount.!
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 09-01-2015 at 09:24 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    There's no prices on any of those machines Boyan so how do you work out they are cheap.
    Sorry mistake, i was assuming they could be had for cheap when you have the cash in the pocket, as they seem complete solution. Anyway, the prices for second hand machines like these are quite clear, at least to me and as you say building it could cost almost the same, with the addons for production i mean.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Hi Locust

I imported mine, it's a 1325 machine that easily takes a full 8x4 sheet have cut mdf, ply, foamboard thin plate, hardwood so far. With the purchase plus cargo, import duty and vat it cost me around 7000 Euros. Came with 3hp 4 bag dust collector and choice of control system. I got the DSP very easy to use, does all that I need it to.

Good luck

Alan

10. The Following User Says Thank You to alboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks everyone for your replys, most helpful..

Quote Originally Posted by alboy View Post
    Hi Locust

I imported mine, it's a 1325 machine that easily takes a full 8x4 sheet have cut mdf, ply, foamboard thin plate, hardwood so far. With the purchase plus cargo, import duty and vat it cost me around 7000 Euros. Came with 3hp 4 bag dust collector and choice of control system. I got the DSP very easy to use, does all that I need it to.

Good luck

Alan
    do you have a link to this machine ? thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information