. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivetide View Post
    Personally hardware is the easy thing to workout - the hard part is finding a program that will make everything move at the right speed and stop when you want it to.
    I find software loads easier than hardware, you just have to remember how incredibly stupid a computer really is, it will do exactly what you tell it to do, no more, no less.

Quote Originally Posted by D.C. View Post
    How do you know that is good enough for you?
    Have you actually worked it out?
    How much does everything weigh?

The 11kg is 11kg-cm - That means when supplied with 6V it can move an absolute maximum weight of 11kg that is attached to a point 1cm from the centre. You are proposing to stick a microphone, a microphone holder, a load of aluminium, connectors and several servos at a distance of 40cm, I seriously doubt an 11kg-cm servo will handle that load...

If you examine the previous link I sent you as an example, a different sized servo is used for every joint, because each joint in the chain needs to be stronger than the last to move the additional weight. You can't just throw together a random bunch stuff and hope it all works, that is fine if you are learning how to do things but will just end in failure and disappointment if you are trying to deliver an actual useful product.

PS I'm getting a bit confused as you keep drip feeding in various bits of information.

Are you trying to make a 'robot arm' like this:
    Home Made Robot arm picks up coin - YouTube
    Home Made Robot arm picks up coin - YouTube

Or do you actually want a 'motorised microphone' like these:
    Mic robot prototype - YouTube
    Richard Z. Kruspe on the Rammfire amp emulation - YouTube
    Robot Mic Stand - YouTube
    yes you´r right...
    i´m sorry that i am changing my ideas every time , but my inicial idead was with steppers.
    when you said that it could be done with servos i started to think diferent.
    i want to make a robot arm to do the job of that motorised mic stand you show in the video.
    but the person who wants the motorised mic needs 5 axis , so i think i´ts easy to make a robot arm.

Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by edgas10 View Post
    but the person who wants the motorised mic needs 5 axis , so i think i´ts easy to make a robot arm.
    Try reading this:

How to Build a Robot Tutorial - Society of Robots

Pay special attention to the very first sentence -

"About this Robot Arm Tutorial
    The robot arm is probably the most mathematically complex robot you could ever build."

If someone has asked you to build a motorised mic and they are intending to pay you for that, why not build a motorised mic? If all you need is a motorised mic that moves around in front of a speaker you can do this by pulling apart a few old printers and reusing the bits. If you really, really want to use a robot arm why not buy one and use that?

Trying to design a 5dof from scratch that will be good enough for use in a very highly demanding production environment on your first attempt seems a little..... ambitious.

hi there again, after reading i found that its more complicated than what i thought...
    i´m gonna try to do a basic arm with no complex electronics, no store positions etc...
    can you please tell me if you can find in this site a joystick that can move 2 geared motors both forward and backwards with just simple wiring?

Transfer Multisort Elektronik - On-line Catalogue | Over 100 000 products offered.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information