. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    Anyone electrically trained would start at the power supply, it may be a good idea therefore to enlist a local electrician who could follow the advice from members of this forum to eliminate that side of the hardware.
    You raise a valid point, so for the removal of all doubt, I'll change my earlier post from...

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Valeria,
    First you need to confirm the board is alive so plug it in and see what happens.?
    First you need to confirm the board is alive so plug it in to Known Working 24V PSU and see what happens.?

Valeria,
    First you need to confirm the board is alive so plug it in and see what happens.? Watch for lights and listen carefully if motors make any noises or if they go stiff or twitch.
    I don't think that equates to what I said and reading the replies I'm not convinced Valeria is confident to carry out electrical checks which is why I suggested a local electrician. Rather than "plug it in and see what happens" they would test for juice at logical points in the circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    I don't think that equates to what I said and reading the replies I'm not convinced Valeria is confident to carry out electrical checks which is why I suggested a local electrician. Rather than "plug it in and see what happens" they would test for juice at logical points in the circuit.
    Lighten up Eddy was having a Joke hence the and besides it's 24Vdc so very little danger there.

If it's dead then electrical checks on PSU etc can be done and yes that will require competent person to do that. Plugging in and seeing what does or doesn't happen won't hurt anything or anyone but does start the initial process of elimination checks without costing money.!

No problem, sorry if I came across like that

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the advice. I have been busy at work with other things so I couldn't read you posts since now.

Unfortunately I don't understand anything about what you said. I have never used the machine and I have been asked by my manager to fix it.

I think that the easiest way to deal with this would probably be to find someone that can come and have a look at it. Unfortunately I have no idea about who this person might be. Do I have to look for an electrician? A mechanic? Somebody that deals with these machine already?

Many Thanks for your help,

Valeria

Quote Originally Posted by Valeria View Post
    I think that the easiest way to deal with this would probably be to find someone that can come and have a look at it. Unfortunately I have no idea about who this person might be. Do I have to look for an electrician? A mechanic? Somebody that deals with these machine already?
    Think you'll struggle to find a business or trade person who'll be interested has the cost alone just to fault find let alone repair or replace parts would be more than machines worth.
    Your best bet is to hopefully find someone knowledgeable from the forum who lives close by who could give it a look over.!!

If you can't find anyone and are prepared to fund having it shipped up and down to me then I'll be more than happy to look at it for you.!

If you can't find anyone and are prepared to fund having it shipped up and down to me then I'll be more than happy to look at it for you.!
    Thanks Jazz,

I will follow your advice. I will contact you again in case we decide to ship it to you.

Best regards,

Valeria

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information