. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi guys not sure if anyone as seen this done, I build a z table for a laser cutter, and tried 4 1605 screws with closed loop belt driven by nema24, put all ball nuts to bottom or top rises smooth go back down, but when it comes back up all screws are out 1 will be top but all others out with bigger gaps than others,

There plenty of these table working, so not sure what screws are used, I now these were overkill but I had 2 so just perchased 2 to match lenth,

Thanks guys for any help. Kev

Repeat the up/down cycle several times to see if the error increases with each cycle, if it does you have a mechanical problem.
    If you mark the screws at the front top with a marker pen and run up and down several times do the marks all come to the front again at the same time?
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 14 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Check to see if any of the pulleys are slipping on the screws
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Or it could be the stepper/ servo drive is not connected properly to board. STEP signal could be Rising edge or ??? Lowering edge / what was the exact name?/ edge, which if not right, each movement you will loose 1 step. Which if running large toolpaths you could not even see it, but run short multiple tool paths and all goes out of place. BUt as others said make sure its not the pulley slipping
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 14 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    Or it could be the stepper/ servo drive is not connected properly to board. STEP signal could be Rising edge or ??? Lowering edge / what was the exact name?/ edge, which if not right, each movement you will loose 1 step. Which if running large toolpaths you could not even see it, but run short multiple tool paths and all goes out of place. BUt as others said make sure its not the pulley slipping
    The way I read it, is that he is using 1 stepper with a belt connecting 4 screws and the screws are going out of sync.

I think he is using the 4 screws to just lower or higher his bed. (one at each corner)

If that is the case the rising edge thing is nothing to do with it.
    ..Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    The way I read it, is that he is using 1 stepper with a belt connecting 4 screws and the screws are going out of sync.

I think he is using the 4 screws to just lower or higher his bed. (one at each corner)

If that is the case the rising edge thing is nothing to do with it.
    ok. you are right. i misread what he said. then very simple,all screws are not perfectly square maybe? each screw lowers a bit differently, assuming he has all connected with one belt.

Kev, why dont you show us what exactly you are dong?
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

hi sorry for late reply photos to show,

there is 4 rods and nuts, table taken off to try too get it to work, photo shows rods and belt, and the 2 that im trying is out of sink,

thank you guys for trying to help kev
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my cnc 1.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	367.8 KB 
ID:	20872   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my cnc 2.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	178.8 KB 
ID:	20873   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my cnc 3.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	173.9 KB 
ID:	20874  

When you set this up did you start with all the nuts at the top before you put the belt on? or loosen the grub screw on the pulley and then turn the screw to the correct position and then retighen
    ..Clive

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Repeat the up/down cycle several times to see if the error increases with each cycle, if it does you have a mechanical problem.
    If you mark the screws at the front top with a marker pen and run up and down several times do the marks all come to the front again at the same time?
    hi thanks for reply, done the up down several times but gets worse, it doubles the gap on the left rod, put red mark at front of rod and one was just off and the other by a bit so marks never came back, thanks again kev

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    When you set this up did you start with all the nuts at the top before you put the belt on? or loosen the grub screw on the pulley and then turn the screw to the correct position and then retighen
    hi clive yes done it where I could turn the belts and pulleys before tighten grub screws, put nuts top bottom and middle with a gauge block,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information