. .
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Swarfing View Post
    Are we actually sure these are metric screws? did they kick you a machine built for our American cousins and give you one with imperial screws?
    No idea, it came with a 220v PSU not that that means diddly squat - so if I tear it down to the point I can reach the screws how do you do measurements, the same as measuring the pitch on a normal screw?
    Cheers
    Carl

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Cardiff City Supporter ~ Real Sporting de Gijon Supporter ~ Vintage Synthesizer Collector
    La gente dice que tu vida esta planeado, me gustarķa encontrarse con el jefe de planificacion para que yo pudiera darle un punetazo en la cara!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    Ok divide 200 ~ (the 'steps-per' that is set on the axis in motor tuning) by the cut measurement minus the cutter measurement(Dia 3mm as the software is running in metric mode 0r 1/8" if you require brain drain ), and then multiply by the measurement you told it to cut which was 100mm..

Rick
    I get 1500.68 methinks I did summut wrong
    Cheers
    Carl

Cardiff City Supporter ~ Real Sporting de Gijon Supporter ~ Vintage Synthesizer Collector
    La gente dice que tu vida esta planeado, me gustarķa encontrarse con el jefe de planificacion para que yo pudiera darle un punetazo en la cara!

Carl measure the pitch of the leadscrews
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Quote Originally Posted by Carlb1058 View Post
    I get 1500.68 methinks I did summut wrong
    Ok

200/ (52-3) x 100
    or
    200 / 49 x 100 = 408.16

where 200 is the original steps per and 49 is the output cut measurement minus the tool diameter, multiplied but the input cut measurement..

is that a Bit easier?

Its a brain doo'er i know

LOL

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Swarfing View Post
    Carl measure the pitch of the leadscrews
    why not just follow 1 path at a time then the chap wont get too confused..

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Agreed......
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

why not just follow 1 path at a time then the chap wont get too confused..

Rick
    Just turned it over and measured the Y and I get 3 to a cm - whatever that works out to *shrug*
    Last edited by Carlb1058; 03-04-2013 at 01:49 AM.
    Cheers
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Carlb1058 View Post
    Just turned it over and measured the Y and I get 3 to a cm - whatever that works out to *shrug*
    3 turns to a cm yes? What ever they are i suspect the pitch is not the same for x and y

Rick
    Last edited by Ricardoco; 03-04-2013 at 01:53 AM.

Ok

200/ (52-3) x 100
    or
    200 / 49 x 100 = 408.16

where 200 is the original steps per and 49 is the output cut measurement minus the tool diameter, multiplied but the input cut measurement..

is that a Bit easier?

Its a brain doo'er i know

LOL

Rick
    Just a tad - cheers :) I ended up with 409.62 using 3.175 as the tool diameter
    Cheers
    Carl

3 turns to a cm yes? What ever they are i suspect the pitch is not the same for x and y

Rick
    Yep 3 to a cm the biggest problem with trying to measure the X is it is fully enclosed and I'd pretty much have to tear it apart to get to it but I shall attempt to get a close as damn first :)
    Cheers
    Carl

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information