. .
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Hi BA
    How can I call you?

Thank you very much for your response-it is very useful.
    Pls read my introduction and give reply if you have any comment.
    Anyway I am planning to buy TBI motion rail and ball screw for my machine her in Hungary.
    I have 20 % discount of the list price
    Flanged high carrige TRFH25 -28 GBP
    rail TR25 -46 GBP
    Ball screw 20x10 T5 -34 GBP

Have you got any experience ?

(my hand was faster then my mind)

Thanks
    István

Istvan hi
    You can call me Vagelis ( this is my name)
    Sorry that i cant help you as i dont have any experience in profiled rails and carriages.
    The rails that i mentioned in my first post are the only one that i have ever bought
    So no experience at all ( other than the price and the dimensions of the rails that i have bought
    I havent even use them in my machine

Wish you good luck

Vagelis
    The creative adult, is the child who survived

Quote Originally Posted by vargai View Post
    Anyway I am planning to buy TBI motion rail and ball screw for my machine her in Hungary.
    I have 20 % discount of the list price
    Flanged high carrige TRFH25 -28 GBP
    rail TR25 -46 GBP
    Ball screw 20x10 T5 -34 GBP

Have you got any experience ?
    Hi Istvan,

Those prices seem a little high compared to what you would pay from China. Chai at linearmotionbearings sells PDF brand linear rails which are IMO slightly better quality than TBI for much less. The Flanged bearings cost approx $20usd, Slim type $19usd and the rails approx $39usd/per mtr.

Only up side with buying these rails for you is they are in your country. With Linear rails this doesn't really mean much has they are such simple components that the only trouble you could have is to loose balls or damage the plastic ball holders while fitting. In practise this doesn't happen often unless your very heavy handed. (Bearings will arrive on the rails from Chai so this is not a problem.)
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 16-11-2014 at 11:14 AM.

Hi Jazz,

This price includes 27%! VAT thanks to our lovely gov. that hopefully can get back since I run a recently sleeping
    business next to my daily job. And the other thanks -since 2012 one has to pay VAT +10% tax after goods from non-EU countries. Additionally I am wonder of the cost of the transport( I assume about 50 kg pack including all the stuff). What about this at Chai?
    Note this rail is 25 mm so can compare to Hiwin20 price
    If it is just slight different in quality (good to hear) I would remain at TBI

Quote Originally Posted by vargai View Post
    Additionally I am wonder of the cost of the transport( I assume about 50 kg pack including all the stuff). What about this at Chai?
    Note this rail is 25 mm so can compare to Hiwin20 price
    If it is just slight different in quality (good to hear) I would remain at TBI
    Just send him an email with what you want and he will give you a quote including shipping.

Hi Vagelis

In the meantime I looked at your photos of your frame- i think it is nice and strong.
    I would go with 80x80x4 or where the rails are 80x80x8 but i want to use only one size of profile.
    2014.11.16. It is the day when I started the planning of the machine.
    The Z axis is the easiest as Jazz suggested to you- I also going to put the carriages to the fix plate.
    For the X axis frame I try to plan a strong frame in frame solution against torsion.
    C would be ideal for placing, fixing all- will see later. I do not want to mix the profile and the final design should be aesthetic too. Not for comment yet, just sign

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CNC assy.JPG 
Views:	1423 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	13858  

Sorry it took me this long to report back on the cheap-ish european source for Hiwin rails, cnc-store.eu, but everything worked out great. Delivery and processing was really fast and communication straight forward. I started out ordering two 50cm HGR15H rails and the first two of four HGH15 wagons to fit my massively oversized Z axis ball screw, upon arrival their size chocked me, tiny little things. So for my main order, the x and y axis, I went with HGR25H rails and HGW25 wagons and now having just recieved those I am again chocked, this time in reverse :) They are massive with a build quality that for my limited use should last very close to forever.

All of the wagons come preloaded and do indeed require a bit of force to move, now I just hope I'll be able to build the machine with the accuracy in alignment that they will require...

Included are two pictures, the packaging itself deserved to one of those as it was very impressive. Heavy cardboard stapled to a wooden board to resist beding in transit. Very nice job!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0129.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	367.5 KB 
ID:	14116   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141218_120738.jpg 
Views:	1380 
Size:	148.1 KB 
ID:	14117   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0129.JPG 
Views:	1313 
Size:	202.1 KB 
ID:	14118  

Too late now but I think you should have got 20's all round. The 15's are a problem to get grease into but if you find a good solution please let us konw.

http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/7273-...highlight=hg15
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

I agree, 20's would probably have been a better fit for a 150x150 machine, thanks for letting me know about the greasing issue.

Have you noticed any considerable wear in on your hiwin setup, things sliding easier I mean?

Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

11. The Following User Says Thank You to EddyCurrent For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information