. .
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeHarris View Post
    If you order screws, spindle, VFD etc. at the same time it will mean you only pay delivery once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    looking into this now, cheers

Will i notice anything from a c5 ballscrew to a c7? also will i be losing any benefits if i go with 2525 screws and use a belt ratio to bring it down to 2510 spec? reason i ask is because the 2525 are on offer but they are c7's and its only £140 for 3000mm lengths where as a 2510 only do c5's but they are £400 each

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 6 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    C5 has better tolerance that C7.

IIRC C7 is usually just rolled, whereas C5 is generally ground. I'm sure a google search will turn up a chart with the various tolerances.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

i can get the all the required specs from google as you say but then i have no idea if the tolerance from a c5 is over the top for wood and 5-10mm acrylic.

Quote Originally Posted by reefy86 View Post
    i can get the all the required specs from google as you say but then i have no idea if the tolerance from a c5 is over the top for wood and 5-10mm acrylic.
    I would say that the majority of people on here use C7
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Thanks clive, i Don't mind shedding out for c5's if i have to but would prefer the c7's if they will do the job because for every ball screw i save money on gets me a hiwin rail

Where do you guys get your aluminium plates from and what grade is recommended? been looking through and aluminium warehouse seems to have a bad rep so they are out, also do you drill your self or get someone to do them for you because i have just ordered a second hand drill press but with this being my first time i thought i would ask.

Quote Originally Posted by reefy86 View Post
    Where do you guys get your aluminium plates from and what grade is recommended? been looking through and aluminium warehouse seems to have a bad rep so they are out, also do you drill your self or get someone to do them for you because i have just ordered a second hand drill press but with this being my first time i thought i would ask.
    https://www.forwardmetals.co.uk

I have only used them 3 times, but they seem good for ali plate. They may not do the ecocast though.

Thank you

I've used aluminium warehouse several times for my current build and they have been great. Good finish and accurate.
    They did send one large block incorrectly (a big piece about 100x100x250 is what I ordered but I received a round block 100 dia x 250)

Phoned up to ask what to do and they said just keep it. ~2 days later the square block arrived FOC. I was pleased with that as it was ~£40

Might be a prototype spindle cartridge housing for the drawbar/ATC project in the distant future

They do regular and ecocast and prices not too bad

I know others have been unlucky in the past but I've not had a bad experience so far and would use again

So get all the experiences together and make a choice . . .
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread Information