. .
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    We are considering purchasing one of these chinese routers (CNC3040 K4) but are kinda wary about the quality and reliability of the units. This isnt helped by the obvious manipulation of ebays feedback system to ensure these sellers are showing 99% positive feedback by selling thousands of nail kits for 99p etc.

Have searched around but cannot find much information.

Would appreciate if anyone with knowledge of these units could give us some feedback about how the unit has performed and the buying experience. :confused:

I would also be interested in someone who has actually bought one and what they got.

The adverts are way out of context, some say high speed water cooled spindle but show brushed motors, some say inverters but show a set of brushes.
    I'm quite prepared to buy one and have to mess with it like a new controller instead of something that doesn't seem to have any support or spares but I'd like to know just what is liable to drop thru the door.
    John S -

a link to the router would help a lot
    James

It depends what you want to make with the machine. They don't look strong (unsupported rails etc), but if you just want it for PCBs, engraving or other light work it will be acceptable. If it actually comes with a water cooled spindle and VFD then it's a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by luke11cnc View Post
    a link to the router would help a lot
    Try searching 'CNC3040' on eBay.

Hi James,

this is the particular unit that we are interested in

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UPDATED-NE...item35b5f10c3e

but information on a buyers experience with any similar unit would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    I would also be interested in someone who has actually bought one and what they got.

The adverts are way out of context, some say high speed water cooled spindle but show brushed motors, some say inverters but show a set of brushes.
    I'm quite prepared to buy one and have to mess with it like a new controller instead of something that doesn't seem to have any support or spares but I'd like to know just what is liable to drop thru the door.

I have the 3040 and Im happy with it, it has no problems with Al. Its a brushed motor and its a nice little machine for the price. I'll see if I have any vids of it in action.

Thanks Philly, does it come with any software?

£262 delivery from Portsmouth ?

Sod it I'd ask them if I can't collect or report them to ebay for excessive postal charges.

This one is on trapezoidal screws, the one I was looking at was on ball screws.
    John S -

My guess is that they are not actually in Portsmouth and thats why the postage is so high. I was looking at one so let me know if they are actually in Portsmouth and youre able to collect.

10. I have a 6040 which is similar, just a little larger. It was well packed and arrived without damage unlike some others I've read about. All the machines look the same and are (probably) made by the same people and just sold by resellers on eBay so packing will vary. The only problem I had with mine was a dead driver board for the X axis. Replacements are quite cheap until you add shipping $15 for the board and $45 to ship! I've decided to change mine over to a Gecko G540 controller as I have one spare.
    As far as shipping goes, even though they quote shipping from a local point (Portsmouth), it will actually be shipped from China. I know this is against eBay rules but despite having reported a similar offer here in Australia, eBay seem reluctant or uninterested in doing anything about it.
    Regards
    Geoff
    My home

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information