. .
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Also mounting the electrical enclosure directly to the frame (made of aluminium) would it be a problem since it would basically be in direct contact with the machine frame? I mean that would be a direct earth connection for the enclosure. I am not too into electronics (yet)!
    No. That will be fine just make sure that all grounds go to one star point. If the frame is painted I would make a direct connection from the box to the frame.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by NordicCnc View Post
    I've seen that atleast both DMM and Sunfar recommends either mains filter or both mains filter and line reactor for the mains power supply. I have seen people here using line filters but I haven't come across anyone using line reactors yet. Is that really as necessary as the manufacturers are claiming it to be?

Also mounting the electrical enclosure directly to the frame (made of aluminium) would it be a problem since it would basically be in direct contact with the machine frame? I mean that would be a direct earth connection for the enclosure. I am not too into electronics (yet)!
    I would at least fit a mains filter because of them being Servo's, however, I have seen that some people have had issues with DMM servo's because they didn't use line reactors so you might want to fit them to be safe, or just go with mains filter and if you get any issues you can always slip a line reactor in between.!
    It mostly depends on your incoming supply quality I think and I seem to remember those who have had issues where US based which works on different Freq and voltage to EU.

Regards the frame then yes it's fine and you would want the earth to the frame anyway for safety just in case a wire shorted to the frame.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    I would at least fit a mains filter because of them being Servo's, however, I have seen that some people have had issues with DMM servo's because they didn't use line reactors so you might want to fit them to be safe, or just go with mains filter and if you get any issues you can always slip a line reactor in between.!
    It mostly depends on your incoming supply quality I think and I seem to remember those who have had issues where US based which works on different Freq and voltage to EU.

Regards the frame then yes it's fine and you would want the earth to the frame anyway for safety just in case a wire shorted to the frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    No. That will be fine just make sure that all grounds go to one star point. If the frame is painted I would make a direct connection from the box to the frame.
    Thanks both of you! This helps a ton. A line reactor costs about 100€, so not a big deal. I will fit one just to be sure!

Skickat från min SM-A530F via Tapatalk

JAZZCNC, if you read this I have a question for you. How do you go about assembling the L-shape gantry together? I have received my aluminium profiles and to my surprise I noticed that they are not flat in the middle. It is probably hard to see in the picture but it is about 0.5mm.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	160x80.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	28260

I was thinking that I could sand it down, since the only critical thing would be that it is flat on the sides so that it wont wiggle when assembled.

JAZZCNC, if you read this I have a question for you. How do you go about assembling the L-shape gantry together? I have received my aluminium profiles and to my surprise I noticed that they are not flat in the middle. It is probably hard to see in the picture but it is about 0.5mm.

I was thinking that I could sand it down, since the only critical thing would be that it is flat on the sides so that it wont wiggle when assembled.
    I've never seen profile made like that.? If that picture is showing it correctly it looks like a flattened pyramid.!! . . . The profile I use is always flat but if there are any slight highs or lows I just shim the rail to suit.

I've never seen profile made like that.? If that picture is showing it correctly it looks like a flattened pyramid.!! . . . The profile I use is always flat but if there are any slight highs or lows I just shim the rail to suit.
    Yes exactly. I got them from a local supplier, since I was not able to find any 160x80 heavy version profiles anywhere. Only the local supplier could offer them.

Ill probably face them in my crappy cnc router. It will be flat enough that way. I can probably get within 0.2mm over the 1200mm lenght. I wll then just shim the top raik.

So I have installed 2 linear rail carriages just to test how they perform. Once again to my surprise, both of the tested carriages are running extremely bad. Same as in Joe's video. I am not sure if this is normal. I didn't apply any grease yet, I will try with grease applied tomorrow also. But I figure they should at least not bind/stagger every 10mm even without grease??

https://youtu.be/b_DDT43lBIc

Well first have you got the bearing reference edge and rail reference edge-aligned.?

Also, they can feel stiff at first, esp when unloaded, just put some weight on them and feel how they slide. I think you'll find the slide easily with weight on them and greased up.

Well first have you got the bearing reference edge and rail reference edge-aligned.?

Also, they can feel stiff at first, esp when unloaded, just put some weight on them and feel how they slide. I think you'll find the slide easily with weight on them and greased up.
    Yes I have those aligned. I reached out to Free and he said that it is most likely the plastic seal that is not aligned correctlt and thay it should be easy to fix. I will report back how it goes!

Yes I have those aligned. I reached out to Free and he said that it is most likely the plastic seal that is not aligned correctlt and thay it should be easy to fix. I will report back how it goes!

No I very much doubt it. The plastic seals don't grip that much and not something that misalign because of how the bearings are put together.
    Normally I don't get trouble with Hi-win bearings needing cleaning from new but if it feels like just one of the bearings is doing it then it may be worth taking apart and checking there's no debris in it.
    They are very easy to take apart and rebuild, just do it inside a tray because the balls go every where.

Personally I think they will be ok and your feeling the normal Sticky clicky notchy feeling they can give when dry and new. Obviously very difficult to now without feeling them.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread Information