. .
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
  1. Well,

I said that i was going to get a jpeg of the model up.:whistling:

Well here is something a bit more useful as things are now moving forward. This is the base.. I will be adding more as I or Jazz have them to put up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0052.jpg 
Views:	382 
Size:	128.8 KB 
ID:	4889Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0053.jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	129.8 KB 
ID:	4890

On top of the 80 x 40 on edge profile is going index plates for the rails and on the ends will be the stepper mount plates on one end and a buffer plate on the other that will also lock the ends tighter together.

Watch this thread for more as things develop. A very big thanks to Jazz in this and as well as a thank you to Luke and James.

Michael

2. A few more pic's as things progress.

Name:	IMAG0084.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	227.1 KB 
ID:	4977

Name:	IMAG0076.jpg 
Views:	362 
Size:	228.6 KB 
ID:	4978

Name:	IMAG0080.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	200.8 KB 
ID:	4979

Will attach an image of what the finished gantry router is going to look like minus bolts as have not taken the time to put all th bolt holes in yet nor put bolts where they belong.

A Big thanks to Jazz for sending these pic's as he is progressing with the build. Should be getting the ballscrews arriving soon and also finally saved up enough to get the extra stepper motor and a few other items that needs covered.

Michael

3. As promised a jpeg of the model working from:

Name:	New Gantry Model.jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	4980

Will see how close the finished item is as things always go through changes.

Michael

well that's coming along nicely Michael thank you for the update on images and drawing

what is the dimension of the cutting bed ?? just out of interest

Looks like Jazz has his work cut out for him

James and Luke

5. Quote Originally Posted by luke11cnc View Post
    well that's coming along nicely Michael thank you for the update on images and drawing

what is the dimension of the cutting bed ?? just out of interest

Looks like Jazz has his work cut out for him

James and Luke
    James & Luke,

The overall dimensions of the bed are 1100 mm on X and 500 mm on Y. The cutting area that we are getting out of the set up is 860 mm on X and 355/360 mm on Y. Z will be 175 mm depth of plunge minus what ever table thickness is mounted above the support base. I hope that clarifies it a bit. If not, please say so and will try to do a better job.

Michael

6. Well the ballscrews and blocks arrived today, minor problem that a quick e-mail fixed and the parts that where not the right length will be getting replaced and the right ones air shipped to me. So that is all good in the end there. Need to ship these down to Jazz and also buy some grease nipples to fit in to well on the ballscrew nuts so that one it keeps out FOD from that area and allows more effective greasing of the ball bearings inside. BK/BF/FK/FF parts all arrived in excellent condition.

Michael

7. Well more is happening and still waiting for the replacement ballscrews but it is only a week so not really worried.:whistling: Here are a few update pic's that Jazz has sent to me, showing some of the progress and how nice it is starting to come together.

Name:	IMAG0109.jpg 
Views:	379 
Size:	186.4 KB 
ID:	5039

Name:	IMAG0099.jpg 
Views:	415 
Size:	212.1 KB 
ID:	5040

Hope you folks enjoy and will post some more photo's as able.

I really have to say thanks again to Jazz for the work he is doing it is looking great and coming together very well.

Michael

hello, i was just wondering how you connect the ali profile together? i cant work it out from the photos. im building something similar to this design and need to mount the pieces the best i can

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by dstivens View Post
    hello, i was just wondering how you connect the ali profile together? i cant work it out from the photos. im building something similar to this design and need to mount the pieces the best i can

Cheers
    Probably best if I answer this question.!

There are numerous ways but Micheals frame is bolted together using a combination of Profile manufactures specific fasteners, T-nuts etc and ordinery bolts which go into drilled and tapped holes in the profile.

I've attached some pics may help show better.

10. Well folks here are some more pic's and thing are progressing well. Just waiting on th replacement ball screws to arrive and Jazz has a bit more cutting drilling and tapping to do. Other then that I am getting the shop ready for the machine, getting g-code ready and need to get the micro switches for the home/limit switches and looking into energy chain and the pattern on the forum to decide whether to buy or build it and how I am going to be mounting this onto the machine.

Now the real reason you are looking at this post is to see the new pic's so here they are:

Name:	IMAG0148.jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	264.4 KB 
ID:	5057Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0136.jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	429.6 KB 
ID:	5058Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0140.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	260.6 KB 
ID:	5059

The ball screw in the pictures is one of Jazz's as the Y and Z axis screws are still in route due to the problem mentioned earlier in this log. Really happy to se it this far.
    Jazz is doing wonderful work and really helping get this done. I have got a bunch of g-code waiting and working on more as need to get production back up as soon as the mill is in place and had the set up, test runs and final tweaking done.

Michael
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0152.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	250.9 KB 
ID:	5060  

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information