. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yes, Mach3 and 2010 screen-set.

A file would be good, thanks

OK, I'll sort you something out tonight unless you want something specific like text and size.
    Screen set will not have anything to do with it, we use a custom one anyway with everything we need on one screen.

Email me details of the cutters, included angle and tip flat as it alters the appearance on V carve files if not matching. When they match you get a sharp corner to the text, if incorrect you get an indented radii in each corner.

john [at] stevenson-engineers.co.uk
    John S -

Just had a look at the code and it is indeed made up of thousands of lines of straight cuts.

I did a quick file in Illustrator then imported that into sheet-cam and with the same tool it now creates I/J arcs so in theory at least that file should cut a whole lot smoother I think.

Yes, many times this is the reason, the line thing instead of curves. I always magnify before generating path, to make sure all is smooth .

I would say also for fine engraving to have the Z0 using probing with the V bit itself is the best method. That, and knowing the exact tip size.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Yes, i always probe with the actual tool.

I tried cutting the Illustrator file tonight, yes it cut far smoother but it was generated as two paths which gave me a letter with an inverted V in the middle ;)

A settings issue, wrong font, wrong code generator, other problem?

Lots to learn here...

I think Vectric Aspire / V carve/ beats all when we are speaking about signs and engraving

Blooming expensive though :(

what are you using now?

My CNC world consists of CAD - either Deltacad or Illustrator, CAM - SheetCam, CNC - Mach3

Apart from some free programs that i downloaded for messing about with that's about it.

Vectric V-Carve was about £400 I think - a lot of cash for something that is unlikely to bring cash in via sales I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    My CNC world consists of CAD - either Deltacad or Illustrator, CAM - SheetCam, CNC - Mach3

Apart from some free programs that i downloaded for messing about with that's about it.

Vectric V-Carve was about £400 I think - a lot of cash for something that is unlikely to bring cash in via sales I think.
    Yes but you can use it to import dxf files and cam them with it.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information