. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Cheers, i was thinking the same, its a shame they did not store it inside, and i will have to strip down all the electric to make sure they are dry prior to powering it, everything apart from the drivers and controllers ( spindle, motors, barings, hydro connections and cnccontroller ), has been exposed to the elements for at least a few months.

a upgrade of main parts is looking like 5-6k, and maybe 5 days.

So will decide in morning, its still worth it for the right price

so, will see what deal there is to be done tomorrow afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by george uk View Post
    a upgrade of main parts is looking like 5-6k, and maybe 5 days.
    No maybe to it there will be more than any 5 days to compleltely retrofit, test and setup this thing and if you have no experience then maybe 5 weeks. . .Lol

Hi jazz, am picking one of the cards you suggested on the other thread for the machine am building, if i get this machine tomorrow, i will spend some time photographing everything and start asking for advise before i start anything.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    No maybe to it there will be more than any 5 days to compleltely retrofit, test and setup this thing and if you have no experience then maybe 5 weeks. . .Lol
    true, i ment 5 days for swapping over the parts and testing the electrics, testing and setup is another story.

Its a weigh up at the mo over time costs in salvaging/servicing parts, over replacing/fitting them,

well, i put a very good offer in and it was not acsepted, with them being scrap dealers not machine resellers, they have not realised it should have been kept inside, shame really, but the rails and baering and ballnuts have rusted, i would have took a risk with the electronics, but when absolutly everything needs replacing, its not worth it.

If anyone else was considering this, you need to go look before you put in an offer because it does not look the same as it does in the photos,

What about this one?

Wadkin UXFC CNC Router Touch Screen Ex University | eBay

Its way over priced but looks in good condition, Might be worth £3000? They have had it up for a while might be looking to get rid.

There have been some really nice Wadkin and SCM routers like this come up over the last 6 months, some had already been converted to new electronics like the one listed above. So I wouldn't get to hung up on this one.
    CNC routing and prototyping services www.cncscotland.co.uk

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

thanks, allready on it, am going to have a look at 2 tomorrow as well, i will post up the pictures i took yesterday when i get back later,

Take a look at the servos and drives and see if they are original or replaced along with the new controller. New drives should be easier to source and replace if you have any problems.
    CNC routing and prototyping services www.cncscotland.co.uk

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1109.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	111.9 KB 
ID:	11457hi just incase anyone was interested in buyin it, this are some of the pictures i took when i went to have a look, ITS NOT IN THE SAME CONDITION S IT LOOKS IN THE EBAY PHOTO, not by a long shot. its been left outside, shame

really annoys me when sellers do this on ebay, i have more pics if anyone needs them

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information