. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hello,

What do you think about the OX CNC from OpenBuilds ? I like it's design and the ratio footprint/work-area. I know that the belts aren't the best, and I think they should be replaced by ballscrews. With more bracing on the structure, it seems like a good design.

What do you think ?

Jazz, I hear you already :D

Cheers,
    G.

Lightweight side plates!
    I've just deleted 5 minutes of typing but Isembard Kingdom Brunel is spinning like a top in his place of rest!

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Lightweight side plates!
    I've just deleted 5 minutes of typing but Isembard Kingdom Brunel is spinning like a top in his place of rest!
    Just make thicker plates then, out of steel even better :) It's crazy how when you British people post I always have to Google your slang :D
    Last edited by eurikain; 07-04-2016 at 07:15 PM.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 15 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by eurikain View Post
    Just make thicker plates then, out of steel even better :) It's crazy how when you British people post I always have to Google your slang :D
    By the time you have put ball screws on made the plate thicker changed the control box etc etc etc. Just build one from scratch
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Just build one from scratch
    What He said!
    Don't buy crap and improve it, look at crap and improve upon it ;-)

- Nick

Sgspenceley at open builds is building an improved version, with linear guide rails http://www.openbuilds.com/builds/lin...machines.1771/.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PotatoMill For This Useful Post:

Do I really Need to Say anything.?? . . . . I think Not.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 15 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Now that would make a good signature
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    By the time you have put ball screws on made the plate thicker changed the control box etc etc etc. Just build one from scratch
    I was really only talking about the machine, not the electronics. Obviously I'd put my own control box and electronics.

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    What He said!
    - Nick
    Love it :)

This thread was really intended to see your opinion on the machine. I don't intend to buy one, but I was curious to think what you had to say about it. I heard you :)
    Last edited by eurikain; 07-04-2016 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoMill View Post
    Sgspenceley at open builds is building an improved version, with linear guide rails http://www.openbuilds.com/builds/lin...machines.1771/.
    With the square 20mm linear rails and RM1605 ball-screws specified at the end of that link, it looks to me like that is more of a build-from-scratch than a kit-thingy? Think it would benefit from RM1610 ballscrews on the X and Y axes though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information