. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. thought of fitting a tool length probe? the probes i use repeat at 0.005mm max error on my cnc

Quote Originally Posted by battwell View Post
    thought of fitting a tool length probe? the probes i use repeat at 0.005mm max error on my cnc
    There is a bug with CSMIO setups that prevent tool probing while in the M6 tool change loop, seems CS Labs have no intention of fixing it.

I like the Haimer probe :)

Did some assessment on repeatability, found two results...

Took a few random tools, zeroed the Z axis with my Haimer probe and then swapped tools, going to G1 Z0 F100...
    T1 0mm
    T3 +0.06mm
    T8 +0.09mm
    T10 +0.08mm

Now, before i dig any further, do those figures seem reasonable for a Bridgeport conversion??
    No point looking for issues that are OK or can't be fixed.

Second result - with the Haimer probe fitted, if i repeatedly approach Z0 at F100 I get perfect result of zero every time. If I increase speed to F200 I get an error of +0.03mm, going to F300 or above I get an error of +0.04mm every time.

My thoughts are a following error in the servo setup maybe, overshooting and not correcting possibly?

4. if your on facebook- these are the probes i use and sell in the uk
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/cncm...c_location=ufi

5. The Following User Says Thank You to battwell For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    There is a bug with CSMIO setups that prevent tool probing while in the M6 tool change loop, seems CS Labs have no intention of fixing it.
    Dave - I had that problem with an IP/M but was able to fix it by using a slightly earlier version of Mach3. Not sure which CSMIO box you are using but have you tried that? Sorry if you've already been down that path! It's solid for me me, though, both for initial setting and using the fixed touchplate for second-operation resetting.

IIRC i am on 062 - gave up messing some time back as i needed to use it, I might revisit this when i get to setting up my powered knee axis.

8. does probing work correctly as a seperate macro? (not in m6)

does probing work correctly as a separate macro? (not in m6)
    Yes if using Cslabs macros. The problem is with Mach rather than Cslabs but the workaround is to use Modbus and talk directly to the controller rather than going thru Mach.
    Bit fiddly for most but to the man with a DUZZIT Simplizzzz.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

does probing work correctly as a seperate macro? (not in m6)
    As JAZZCNC said, yes it does - i use it on my mini-mill profile for the bridgeport, this has the high-speed spindle and no chance of using tool length offsets at all as the collet is part of the spindle, on this side of the machine i just tick "ignore tool changes" and output one file for each tool number. Its a little tedious but handy if the file is not 100% as they are smaller files.

12. thats where a tool length probe on the machine comes in real handy. mine is always accurate to under 0.01mm - i hate having to re touch off etc. probably the best thing i ever fitted. (so good i now stock and sell them in the uk)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information